Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: Props to J.K Rowling for the characters and world she created, I'm just messing with it.

Chapter 1:

The floor, Harry found, really wasn't comfortable, worse than his cupboard back home! Harry saw the time on his cousin's watch as he slept on the couch above him. It was a minute to midnight. A minute to his eleventh birthday. Most children would be thrilled by this news. Harry however, knew that his birthday would be nothing special as usual. Last year his aunt and uncle had given him a coat hanger, and a 20p coin. As you can tell a birthday with the Dursely's, unless you're Dudley, was nothing to get excited about.

As the watch turned to 00:00am there was a mighty BOOM! at the door. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Uncle Vernon came down the stairs, carrying a shotgun, with Aunt Petunia cowering behind him. "Who's there?" Uncle Vernon shouted. With another almighty BOOM! the door fell to the ground, reviling the huge man who stood in the doorway. "Sorry 'bout that," the man said as he walked in. Once in, he picked up the door and propped it back where it should be so it seemed like everything was normal, then walked over to Harry. "Ah Harry, I haven't seen you since you was a baby. Oh and Happy Birthday." The large man smiled, then went to sit on the couch, which Dudley scurried away from. Harry, curious as to know more about this mysterious man, walked over. "Excuse me, but who are you?" he asked, quietly.

The man chuckled softly, and said, "O' course, I didn't introduce, meself did I? I'm Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. Just call me Hagrid though, everyone else does."

(A/N - You all know what happens here if not read the first book so you know, if you want that is, its chapter 4 but I recommend you read the whole book, it's really good!)

After Hagrid found out that Harry knew nothing of Hogwarts, his parents and the fact that he was a wizard, he gave Harry his letter, while trying to explain everything to Harry, who was speechless. "Anyhow, know you now we'd better get going, Harry. We gotta go somewhere else tonight as well." Hagrid pulled the door away from the frame, allowing it to fall again to the ground and walked out. Harry, not wanting Hagrid to leave him, ran after, waving a quick goodbye to the stunned Dursleys, without a glance back.

"Hagrid, where are we going?" Harry said after about an hour of travelling. They were somewhere in London, and Harry, who had never been to London, was worried they might get lost. "Just 'round the corner now, Harry, to me cottage me dad left me. Not normally here, since I'm at Hogwarts, so 'scuse the mess," Hargrid replied.

Moments later, he unlocked the door to the small cottage to the left. Walking in Harry saw what Hagrid meant about the mess, there were old pizza boxes and empty glasses scattered across the table, and dirty clothes lying in untidy piles on the floor. "Wait here," Hagrid said then, added a little louder, "Emily? Come 'ere a minute please." A puzzled Harry watched as he saw a young girl, about his age, with long, dark red hair that came down to her waist, and his vivid green eyes mirrored as he looked at her, run through, looking excited. "Hagrid? Is that you?" when she saw Harry standing behind Hagrid, she went slightly pink. "Oh, hello," she added shyly.

Walking forward, Harry put out his hand. "Hi, I'm Harry. Harry Potter."

Taking his hand and shaking it, the girl smiled. "I'm Emily. Well, if you want to be technical, I'm Emily Rose Potter. Happy birthday! You're 11 today too right?"

Harry looked from Emily to Hagrid, confused as Hagrid said, "Didn' wanna tell yeh with them there. Emily's yer sister, yer twin. I know its a lot to take in, but we're the be up early the mora, talk some then yer'll be okay, I know itsa lot the drop on yeh in one night." Hagrid then sent them to the spare room, to go to bed. "You'll need to be awake for getting yer school stuff tomorrow."