Chapter 5

As the week drew on Harry and Emily, grew more excited. They went from being family-less, just over a month ago, and now they had some family! Okay so it was each other and they're godfathers, and Alice, who Emily classed as god-sister even though they weren't really family, but it was more than they had ever had, and people who actually cared about them, which made them ecstatic! "You'll love Remus, by the way. He's quite sensible and that at times but he's a good laugh too. And a good teacher, so if you're failing any class, he can help. Well some...he's not really good with potions or charms but the rest you'll be fine with." Alice told them outside the Great Hall before breakfast on Friday. Harry was about to reply when Professor Snape came over to them. "I will be escorting you to Hogsmeade, the wizarding village, where you will meet Lupin. Don't spread it around though, first and second years aren't allowed to the village, I don't want complaints from anyone else. I'll meet you here at 20 past 12." Then he walked back towards the dungeons.

"We're going to the village! Wow," Alice exclaimed.

"Cool! Snape doesn't seem too happy though" Emily added. Just then the Fred and George came over.

"Couldn't help over hearing Snape's taking you to Hogsmeade." Fred started, without so much of a hello. "And we thought maybe you'd like to come down on one of the weekends with us?" Just before Emily could reply, George stepped in, "We know you're not old enough, but what about sneaking. Here let us show you," taking out a blank piece of parchment from his pocket, he whispered, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

"Wow. Is that a map?" Emily said in awe.

"Merlin's beard, there's us!" Alice added.

"And look, Dean and Neville in the common room. Wait, who's that?" Harry exclaimed, but when the four of them gave him a weird look he added, "It's nothing, just me being silly. How's this supposed to help though?" Fred looked at Harry knowingly. "Well if you'll turn your attention to the third floor, you will see a one-eyed witch statue. If you go up to it and sayDissendum it'll move slightly so you can get into the cellar of Honeydukes."

"And hey presto, you're in Hogsmeade!" George added, then started in a rush, "Don't go telling anyone though, maybe Ron and Hermione..."

"But definitely no Slytherins, no offence to you girls." Fred finished.

"How do you make it blank? And can we really have it?" Emily questioned. Fred lazily pulled Georges wand from his hand, "Mischief managed. And of course, my dear Emily. We've memorised it. Anyway I want breakfast, see you kiddies later." And giving both the girls a hug and Harry a pat on the back they walked into the Great Hall. "Wow, that's so cool!" Alice said, happily. Harry was strangely quiet. "Harry? What's wrong?" Emily asked, worryingly. "Oh, I was just wondering if Remus would be able to tell us why everyone knows us. It's just bugging me not knowing" Harry said, snapping out of the daze. Alice looked at them as if they were crazy. "You're not telling me you don't know why you're famous?" when the twins shook their heads Alice continued, "Well there was this really dark wizard, Voldemort, who murdered a lot of people...see no one lived if he decided to kill them. And he went after you're parents...and he went after the two of you, but you both lived. After everyone he killed, he couldn't murder two infants. That's why you two are famous." Harry and Emily were speechless. "Anyway," Alice added, sensing the awkwardness, "let's get breakfast, yeah? We gotta sit at our table today remember Em. We don't want Slytherin hating us."

"You have a point. They're weird with me anyway, because I'm a Potter. See ya at lunch Harry!" waving at Harry, Emily and Alice walked to the Slytherin table, where the rest of the first years were staring. "Hey...why do you spend so much time with the Gryffindors? I mean yeah Potter's there but we're your house, we want you to be one of us. Right guys?" Astoria said greeting them. The first years muttered and nodded in agreement. "Oh well, uh, I don't really know Harry as well as I should, being his sister and everything. So, you know, we're trying to catch up on eleven years..." Emily stuttered, sitting down next to Malfoy as Alice had taken the only other space opposite.

"Yeah, but we could spend more time with you guys, right Em?" Alice chipped in.

"Yep Alice" Emily replied. "Anyway we better go, Binns class is a skive anyway."

As predicted, no one in Slytherin actually did any work in History of Magic, except Emily taking the odd note here and there, not wanting to fall behind. "Just get one of the Ravenclaws to do it, they're the brainy ones aren't they?" hissed a voice behind her. Turning round Emily saw it was Malfoy. "Just because you're too lazy to do your work doesn't mean you should bully others into doing it, Malfoy," she whispered back. They continued this argument into transfiguration. "Miss Potter. Mr Malfoy. Is there a reason you are continuously talking through my lesson? I'm not deaf you know. You have detention next Monday night together. 7pm sharp. Now as I was saying..."

Leaving the classroom for lunch Emily could've punched Malfoy. Detention already! All because he was too lazy to do his work? That's hardly fair! "Hey Em, why were you talking to Malfoy?" Harry said, running to catch up with her, quickly followed by Alice, Ron and Hermione.

"He was just annoying me. It doesn't matter. Come on we'll be late for meeting Sev. Oops, still in school hours, Professor Snape." Emily said laughing and bounding down the stairs to the entrance hall, where they saw Snape waiting.

"Before I am asked, it is only Black and the Potters I am escorting. Off you go Weasley, and you Granger." And so they walked into the Great Hall, without a backwards glance. "Come, quickly. I have to be back to prepare my next class."

10 minutes later, they were waiting outside a small pub, called the three broomsticks. "Uncle Remus!" Alice shouted, waving at the man walking towards them. His robes were old and torn, his hair straggly, but he had a kind face. "I can look after them from here Severus, I shall bring them back up to the castle later." Snape gave a sharp nod then walked off. Remus turned back to the children. "Alice! How are you? I never did comment on you being Slytherin did I? It doesn't matter where you are, honest. You'll still be a fine witch. Everyone but your dad in his family was Slytherin. And your mother was. It's nothing to be worried or upset about okay?"

Alice laughed, "Let me breathe Remus. I'm fine, and I know that. Anyway they're not so bad, plus I've got Em with me so I'm not alone. Oh yeah this is Harry and Emily by the way." The twins muttered a hello. "Oh, sorry. I totally left you two out. God, I've not seen you two sense you were one! I remember when I'd look after the three of you when you were younger, you all got on so well." Remus said, chuckling at the memory. "Merlin's beard. You look just like James and Lily. Only you've both got your mother's eyes." Emily smiled.

"I look like my mum? Really?" she asked happily.

"Yes, you do. Like Harry looks like your father. And little Alice here looks like her father." Remus added ruffling Alice's short hair.

"Hey Remus, I was wondering. If you're Harry and Emily's godfather, and Snape's Emily's, then who's Harry's other godfather? Otherwise its uneven" Alice asked curiously.

"Well, you're father is both of their godfather, as well as me. And you're other godfather Harry, Is a man called Peter Pettigrew. But he was murdered, about 10 years ago." Remus said quickly, obviously not wanting to stay on the topic. Harry was confused though. Pulling out the map he said, "But I saw the name Peter Pettigrew...he was in the Gryffindor common room." Remus looked at the parchment, his eyes wide. "Let's go and get butterbeer to talk about this, I have a feeling like it'll be a long chat."