Chapter 10

"You what?" Emily shouted, the next day in the entrance hall. Harry had just told her to the events the night before. Lower her voice she went on, "okay one, that was incredibly stupid Harry, you shouldn't be going into random rooms on the third floor if you can't remember what Professor Dumbledore said. And two, you saw a three headed dog without me? What kind of brother is that mean to his lovable twin sister?" Harry laughed and shook his head.

"So it's dangerous, but I should've brought you along and put you in danger?" Harry asked, still chuckling.

"Sounds about right," Emily replied happily. "Why don't we ask Hagrid about the dog? He might know something about it." Harry agreed, and they walked off to class.

By Saturday, Harry was very nervous about his first Quidditch match, which was against Ravenclaw. The weather conditions also made things worse as the first snow had began to fall, and it was just getting heavier. "Come on Harry, you've got to eat something," Emily said for the third or fourth time, but he just wasn't listening. Eventually they got him to nibble some toast, while Snape came over. "Good luck today Mr Potter. Miss Potter, can I have a word quickly please?" Emily nodded, confused. She hugged her brother, before waving goodbye to the Weasleys, Hermione and Alice, and following her "Uncle" Sev out of the Great Hall and down into the dungeons. He took her into his office where he went to his desk and took a small, jewelled box out of one of the draws and handed it to her. She opened it cautiously, as the Professor said, "It's just some old photos I found of your mother, I thought you might like to have them." Emily's eyes swelled with tears as she saw her mother at her age, with Uncle Sev, what had to be her Gryffindor friends, her family, her, Uncle Sev and her mother. When Snape saw the tears he thought he done something wrong, but Emily just whispered, "She looks just like me." Then she hugged her godfather tightly. Snape smiled and returned the hug before he said, "Well you'd better go to the Quidditch. You've got to cheer for your brother," he said the last part rather bitterly, but Emily didn't notice.

"Okay, you're coming right?" Emily asked. When Snape nodded she skipped out the office and into the entrance hall. She stopped to put the box of photos into the pocket of her robes, when an arm snaked around her waist. "Hey, I was just looking for you." Draco told his girlfriend as her turned her around and kissed her cheek softly.

"Well, I was just going down to the Quidditch pitch. You coming?" Emily asked smiling. Draco rolled his eyes and replied, "To go cheer on some Gryffindors no doubt? Fine, but only because you asked me too." He removed his arm from her waist, capturing her hand in his, as they walked down to the Quidditch pitch. Emily made Draco sit with next to Hermione and Ron along with the other Gryffindors. Alice and Astoria came over too, cheering on Gryffindor happily.

When Harry came out with the rest of the team, Emily, Alice, Hermione and Ron waved enthusiastically, Astoria joining in after seeing him down on the ground.

The match was over fairly quickly, Gryffindor winning 170-20. However, Harry had nearly fell from his broom, which was obviously being cursed. Hermione and Ron suspected Snape, and Alice, Astoria and Draco had to agree it looked like it, as he had been muttering a spell or curse of some kind. Hermione had put a stop to it all by putting his robes on fire, making him jump and make a few teachers behind him fall. After that Harry managed to find the snitch, and nearly swallowed it! But won Gryffindor the match nonetheless. They went to Hagrid's after the match, to tell them their suspicions of Snape and ask about the three headed dog. "Snape wouldn' try teh curse Harry. He's a Hogwarts teacher! And how'd you know about fluffy?" Hagrid told them, slightly annoyed. Astoria, Draco and Alice looked at them in shock at the mention of the three headed dog, which they hadn't been told about.

"He was though! I know a curse when I see one and Snape wasn't blinking! And we found him, when we were hiding from Filch, going back from the last time we were here. And that thing has a name?" Hermione replied.

"'Course he got a name he's mine! I lent 'im to Dumbledore to guard the…" Hagrid stopped himself then added. "Anyway, drop it. Yer meddling with things that shouldn' be meddled with. What that dog is guarding is between Professor Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel."

"Ah so there's a Nicholas Flamel involved?" Emily said happily. Hagrid looked furious at himself.

"I shouldn' 'ave said that." He muttered, as he ushered the seven students out of his house.

Once in the castle they all went to their own common rooms. In the Slytherin common room, Pansy was sitting with Millicent, Crabbe and Goyle, who all gave Emily evil looks as she walked in with Draco. Astoria and Alice went to get their charms homework, while Draco and Emily went to sit in their usual sofa in the corner of the room, just talking and holding hands, sneaking quick kisses every now and then. However Emily wasn't as happy as she was letting on she was. She couldn't believe that Uncle Sev would try to curse her brother. It just didn't make sense. "Draco?" she said after a few hours, "I'm going to go and see Professor Snape for a moment. I need to talk to him about something." Draco just smiled and nodded, kissing her hand before he let it go. She walked out of the common room and down the hall of the dungeons to Snape's office. Knocking twice, she waiting patiently for an answer. "Come in" Snape said loudly. She walked in and walked up to Uncle Sev's desk, sitting in the chair beside her when her motioned for her to sit. "Ah Emily, is everything okay?" he asked her kindly.

"Well, kind of. Some of the Gryffindors and Slytherins think you were cursing Harry. You weren't were you?" Emily replied.

"Oh really? Well, I was actually saving him, doing a counter curse. Maybe I am a little harsh to my students if they think that," Snape mused.

"It's not that, it's that they saw you muttering a spell or something, and got suspicious." Emily told her godfather hurriedly. Snape sighed.

"Look, if I tell you this then you can't tell anyone. Maybe your brother and Draco but no one else. Quirrell is after the philosopher's stone. He's also trying to kill Harry by the looks of it and probably you, so don't go around the castle alone." Snape said her looking at her worriedly.

"What the philosopher's stone?" Emily asked curiously.

"It's a stone, made by Nicholas Flamel. It can turn any metal to gold, and can make you immortal. Anyway, I've got your homework to mark, so back to the common room. I'll see you in class on Monday." Emily left, thinking of everything that her godfather had told her. Flamel was the creator of the philosopher's stone. And Quirrell? That was unexpected. He was so scared of everything. Unless it was all an act? Probably. When she got to the common room she couldn't see Draco anywhere. She decided to go to her dormitory and grab her latest book, Midsummer Night's Dream. When she got up to her bed, she saw a note addressed to her on top of her book.

Emily

Please meet me in the broom cupboard to the right in the entrance hall. I have a surprise for you.

Draco

Emily looked at the letter confused. Shrugging she picked up her book and walked to the broom cupboard Draco had said about. She heard raised voices as she came to the door. Opening it, she saw Draco and Pansy in their, Draco hadn't realised she was there, but Pansy had. Smirking at Emily, she kissed Draco forcefully on the lips, who reacted automatically. Emily felt tears come to her eyes, and not wanting Pansy or Draco to see slammed the door shut on them and ran, tears streaming down her face.