Chapter 12

Remus' house happened to be a simple medium sized house, in the outskirts of London. As promised, Harry, Emily and Alice's luggage was waiting for them in the living room. "Alice why don't you show Harry and Emily around, while we make some dinner?" Remus asked politely.

"Sure Uncle Remmy," Alice smiled, grabbing her two friends' hands and running off.

"Why don't they know their way round the house? Surely you looked after them like Alice, they are your godchildren after all." Sirius stated, as Remus led him to the kitchen.

"Actually no. Dumbledore took them both to Lily's sisters. He thought they'd be safe there. But I later found out they had only Harry, and Emily had been put into an orphanage. I started to visit her and talk to her, when she was very little, I doubt she remembers. After a while I tried to get her out, but one of the people that worked there knew what I was. He said it would be too dangerous, for Emily to live with me. When I tried to complain they said they'd look into Alice being taken away if I didn't leave. So they stopped me seeing her." Remus said a little sadly, as Sirius looked both annoyed and shocked, as he started getting ingredients out to make his famous Chicken Korma, which was famous because it was pretty much the only proper meal he could cook without burning, undercooking for giving everyone food poisoning.

"That's ridiculous! Stupid prejudice git!" Sirius muttered darkly. Raising his voice he said softly, "So what's my little Alice like? I can't believe I missed 10 years of my little girl's life!"

While they continued talking and cooking in the kitchen, Alice showed the twins around the upstairs of the house. "That's Uncle Remus' room, though I'll let him show you it I don't like going in when he's not there, since it's not my place you know? Anyhow, that's the bathroom down the end, and the door next to it is the guest room, and last but probably most important, my room!" Alice giggled, dragging them into the room. It was a perfect sized room, not a box room but not a room that could've held a swimming pool or anything ridiculous. It was also a kaleidoscope of colour. Behind all her posters, of bands and musicians (both magical and non-magical), different muggle movies and all her photos, the walls were bright orange. The desk in the corner was rainbow striped, along with the chair next to it. Her wardrobe was black, silver stars which glittered, and a white moon had been painted on. Her bed was a silver metal frame, but the duvet covers and many pillows and cushions were all different colours of the rainbow. A thick multi-colour quilt was folded on the foot of her bed. What Emily loved most though, and Harry had to agree, was the ceiling, which had been randomly spray painted a million different colours, like a tornado had ripped a rainbow apart and splattered it onto the ceiling. "Wow, you're room is amazing Al!" Emily exclaimed. Alice smiled happily at her friend. "I'm glad you think so. It's rather scary first thing in the morning though, especially the ceiling" Alice joked.

"I would've thought so" Harry said laughing. The three children sat and chatted for a while before Sirius and Remus shouted, "kids dinner!" making them race down the stairs. Harry and Emily sat together, Sirius and Alice across from them and Remus at the head of the table. "Its Chicken Korma tonight guys, so dig in!" Sirius said happily. Along with the rice and curry, there was naan and pitta bread, neither of which Harry and Emily had tried before. Dinner was a rather quiet affair, as no one really knew what to say. I mean what do you say to a man you've never heard of, thought was dead or believed to have killed two of your best friends? (A/N – you can probably guess who's thinking which). Once they were finished the nice meal, Remus asked the twins if they'd mind helping tidying the kitchen, to give Alice some alone time with her dad. "Hey wanna see my room?" Alice asked, unsure of what else to say.

"Sure, lead the way!" Sirius said, jumping slightly when she took his hand. Once in the room Sirius laughed. "It's amazing did you do all this yourself?"