Chapter 9

***Emily's POV***

When I heard the clocks ring one o'clock, I quickly stood up, straightening my uniform. As I walked to the common room I wiped my eyes, accidentally walking into someone. "Oh I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." I said, seeing it was "Uncle" Sev. Luckily he didn't know I called him this, I wasn't sure he'd appreciate it. "Emily? What's wrong?" he asked kindly, seeing my tears.

Normally, especially since I don't know him well, godfather or not, I'd just say nothing and walk away. I prefer bottling it up. But this time, more tears swelled up in my eyes, and I found myself falling into his arms as I cried, telling him what had happened, and how I'd ruined things with Draco. I knew I had. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. The professor hugged me in his arms, soothing me, telling me it'll all be okay, trying to calm me down. Once I had finally stopped crying, my godfather handed me a tissue. "Thank you, Uncle Sev," I mumbled, wiping my tears and not paying attention to what I had said.

"What did you say?" Snape asked curiously.

"Oh, I called you...uh...Uncle Sev. Because Sev is like Severus shortened you know?" I replied, hoping he wouldn't be mad. He wasn't mad luckily. Instead he said something that wouldn't have predicted in a million years. "You know, your mother used to call me Sev. Ever since we were children." I was shocked!

"You knew my mum?" I asked.

"Yes, since we were about 9 years old. We lived not far from each other. We were best friends, up until our 5th year..." he replied trailing off. I wanted to ask more about it, but he looked rather uncomfortable talking about it, so I dropped the subject. "Well I'd better go, I've got History of Magic." I said, walking off.

"Emily?" Professor Snape called after me, making me stop and turn around. "If you need to talk about anything, then come down to my office, okay?"

***Third Person***

As Emily walked into History of Magic, she saw the Ravenclaws all taking notes, Alex and Astoria nodding off, along with most of the other Slytherins, and Draco, sitting alone, writing, probably taking notes as well, though it wasn't like him. Since the seat next to Draco was the only one spare she went to sit next to him, while Professor Binns continued his lecture.

The two sat in silence, Draco still taking notes, and Emily doodling on a spare piece of parchment. After a while, Draco passed his parchment to Emily, and taking her doodle sheet while she read.

Ems

I'm so very sorry for earlier. For what I said about Longbottom Neville and Pott your brother. I am sorry for shouting at you. I hope you can forgive me. Especially if your brother is expelled. Though he was there at lunch, so I'm guessing he's not. I'm sorry I was an ass.

Ly

Draco

Emily smiled, and wrote underneath his message, and handing it back to him, stealing her parchment back. Draco, looked curiously at his own parchment, before smiling widely.

Draco

Of course I forgive you! I'm very sorry I shouted and said things. I shouldn't of. Thank you for trying with Harry and Neville, I was laughing in my head when I saw what you scored out. Can we forget this happened?

LY

Emily x

Draco took Emily's hand and kissed it sweetly, letting her know wordlessly the whole thing was forgotten. When the bell rang signalling the end of class, they walked hand in hand to Herbology. When Emily saw Harry lined up outside she let go of her boyfriends hand and ran over to him, strangling him in a hug. "Harry! Oh my god. You're not expelled? I thought for sure you were. What did McGonagall want if she wasn't expelling you then? I'm so glad you're still here!"