Chapter 2

Chapter 2

They thought about this all the way to the Dursley's, then came to the conclusion they would just ask their aunt and uncle. "Are you sure they'll be okay with me staying? Even if the head teacher does send them a letter to explain? What if they don't like me? I don't want to go back to where I was," Emily asked quietly as they walked into Privet Drive. Harry stop to look at his sister, hoping he would be able to reassure her.

"Of course, they'll be okay with it." Harry said, hoping she believed him, as he didn't. "And they'll like you. You have a certain...charm or something that seems to draw people to you I think. I barely know you and I like you already," he added with a smile. With that he took her hand and led her towards number 4, Privet Drive and knocked on the door once before entering.

Aunt Petunia came through to see who it was and seeing Harry snapped, "Oh, your back. Not at that school till September, how could I forget. Put away all those packages. And who've you got behind you? Show yourself!" As Emily moved forward slightly so she was in plain view, Aunt Petunia stared. "You look just like...but how?" she muttered to herself before asking Emily gently, "Who are you?"

"I'm Emily, Harry's sister? Pleased to meet you. Umm...Hagrid said that the headmaster was going to send a letter to explain..." Emily started shyly as an owl flew in the window and dropped a letter in Aunt Petunia's hand, cutting Emily off in mid-sentence. Aunt Petunia shakily opened the envelope and read the letter inside. "This letter says you have to stay here. Is that right?" Emily nodded and Aunt Petunia continued, "Well, you'll have to share with Harry. But the cupboards too small really...Of course! You two are moving into Dudley's second bedroom. Take your stuff upstairs and then move the rest of your stuff from the cupboard, I've got to go shopping anyway so I'll buy another bed, since I guess you'll need it. Your uncle won't be happy though so stay there for a while. Don't come out until I tell you to, is that clear?" when the twins agreed, they bounded upstairs, Petunia staring after Emily, who was nearly an exact replica of her sister Lily, when she was eleven.

As the weeks drew on, Harry and Emily couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts. While Dudley and Uncle Vernon barely acknowledged Harry existed, they both took a big interest in Emily, and seemed to love her and act like she was one of the family, how Harry had always wanted them to be for him. If it was anyone else he thought he would be jealous. But he couldn't be jealous of Emily. She just seemed to draw people to her, she was just being herself and their acceptance seemed to make her a little more confident which she needed.

On the 31st of August, Emily and Harry were finishing packing for the next morning. "Emily? Where did you grow up? And with who? I was told that the Dursley's were my last living relatives, so it would make sense that you'd be here too, but, well obviously you weren't." Emily stopped packing and turned to Harry, shocked by the sudden outburst of the question. "I grew up in an orphanage. It was horrible. I think there was a wizard working there though, only he seemed to understand the weird things I used to do. Except when I spoke to a snake, he just looked at me as if he had seen a ghost! But someone tried to take me. They said that he was my godfather or something. But he wasn't suitable...I wonder why? Do you think he'll try looking for us, maybe?" she continued quietly packing while they went silent thinking about the possibility, and why he wasn't suitable, but they came up blank. Hours later, the clock struck 11pm. "Come on Em, we can finish the rest in the morning there's not much. We'll never get up otherwise." Yawning Emily agreed, and sleepily walked to the bathroom, to brush her teeth and change into her pyjamas. After 10 minutes Harry started worrying as she wasn't back. He crept to the bathroom and knocked lightly on the door. When there was no answer he walked in, and found Emily sitting on the lid of the toilet, toothpaste around her mouth, fast asleep. He chuckled lightly, and wiped her mouth with the flannel before gently picking her up and carrying her to her bed. He found his uncle waiting outside the bathroom. He awwed quietly before moving out of Harry's way. Harry put Emily carefully down in her bed and tucking her in and smiled. She was a cute sister, he couldn't deny. He slipped into his bed and quickly fell asleep.

After what seemed like seconds, Harry was dragged onto the floor. "Oww! Emily?" he said sleepily, as he saw Emily walk over to her trunk. She turned, and rolled her eyes. Had he actually forgotten? "The train is at 11, remember? Uncle Vernon said we have to leave in 15 minutes otherwise we're walking to the station. So hurry if I were you, I really don't want to miss the train." And with that she skipped down the stairs, leaving Harry to rush and get ready.

10 minutes later Harry was dragging his trunk down the stairs to Uncle Vernon's car, Emily right behind him. "I can't wait! In just over an hour we'll be on the train, Harry!" Emily exclaimed. Uncle Vernon grunted. "I can't wait or anything, I've got to be at work at half 11 you know. I won't be late. I doubt you'll even be getting a train though. Platform 9 and ¾ there's no such thing!" he kept muttering on like this the whole journey. They got to Kings Cross Station at 10:48, according to the car clock anyway. "Right, see you next Summer I guess," Uncle Vernon said, giving them a short wave and walking away back to the car. Walking to Platform 9 and 10, Harry and Emily glanced at each other worriedly. There was no platform 9 and ¾. They were about to give up when they heard a small red haired woman walking up, with several boys and a young girl, all with their mother's red hair, following quickly behind, "Pack with muggles of course, go on Percy you first." The oldest boy walked forward, starting to run at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Emily gasped, waiting for the crash, but it never came, the boy disappeared! When the next two boys followed, twins by the look of it, Harry wandered over, Emily following. "Excuse me, could you tell us how to get onto the platform?" Harry asked the boys' mother politely. The women smiled kindly, "First year at Hogwarts? Its Ron's first year as well. All you've got to do is run straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous." With that Emily ran forward with her trolley before she could back out, eyes closed waiting for the crash, which didn't come. She cautiously opened her eyes, and gasped in shock. Before her she saw a magnificent, old red train before her and people rushing past her trying to get in the train and say goodbye to loved ones. Moments later Harry was behind her, "Come on the train leaves soon." Once they started to get their trunks onto the train, two of the boys on the platform, the twins, came over. "Need some help with those trunks? I'm Fred by the way, and this is my twin George. What are your names?" Fred said kindly, taking Emily's trunk off of her and putting it in the train, George doing the same with Harry's. "I'm Harry," Harry answered.

"And I'm Emily. We're twins too." Emily added happily.

"Wait, you're not the Potter twins? Are they Fred?" George asked shocked.

"I think they are George, I think they are. This year's going to be great!" Fred said in awe. "See you's around, I think I hear our mother calling us." With that they walked away, off the train. After a few minutes the train began to move and the compartment door opened, showing the youngest red haired boy. "Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full." The twins nodded, happy to meet someone that would be in their year. "I'm Ron Weasley."

"Harry and Emily Potter, pleased to meet you," Harry told him, while Emily smiled shyly at him. Ron started to say something but was interrupted by the lunch trolley. "Anything from the trolley dears?" The twins bought a bit of everyone, as they had never had the money to buy much. Ron looked at the chocolate frogs longingly, "Mind if I have a chocolate frog?" he asked after a while.

"Take whatever you want," Emily said cheerily.

They sat eating sweets and talking until a prefect came and told them that they'd be at Hogwarts soon, and so they got their robes on. "I'll be back in a minute, bathroom." Emily mumbled, just loud enough for Harry to hear who nodded. On her way back to the compartment a tallish, blonde boy walked into her. "Watch where..." he started, looking at her, then changed his mind, "Sorry, are you okay?" Emily nodded, not knowing what was going on, so she walked back into the compartment leaving the boy staring after her.