Chapter 13

The rest of the holidays were a lot of fun, the twins and Sirius getting along really well, as well as him growing much closer to Alice. Emily was still contemplating what to do about Draco's gift and note on the night before they went back to Hogwarts. She believed him of course, but she couldn't accept a gift like that! It would've cost him a fortune! So as Alice lightly snored, Emily was lying in her camp bed on her back wide awake at 3 in the morning. When she finally managed to sleep she was shaken awake after what seemed like a few seconds. "Ems? Seriously get up! God woman!" She heard Alice complain. Grudgingly Emily sat up, leaning on her elbows.

"What's up Al?" Emily yawned "I was happily sleeping"

"Its 9am and you've not finished packing for going back to Hogwarts at 11, I think have good reason." Alice answered, making Emily jump out of bed and start chucking random items on hers that littered the floor into her open trunk. Harry walked into the room, while Alice laughed at Emily's actions. "You didn't finish packing yesterday I'm guessing then?" Harry chuckled and started helping his sister pick up her belongings. "You really should've."

"Oh shush, just because you're Mr Perfect" Emily giggled as she threw a pair of socks at him, which missed him narrowly.

"Hey! I was trying to help you there," Harry said, pretending to be in a huff and leaving the room trying not to laugh, while Alice just smiled at the pair, shaking her head. By half past ten, Emily was packed, fed and dressed, ready to floo to Uncle Sev's office, back to Hogwarts. "Hey, I know that you've just met me and everything, but if you ever need anything then just send me or Remus an owl. Though Snivellus is there so you're likely to go to him, but we're here for you okay?" Sirius said as he hugged her goodbye.

"Okay Sirius, thanks. But you know I'll send you letters anyway" Emily laughed lightly, hugging the man back, before stepping back, grabbing her trunk and walking into the fireplace. Taking a handful of floo powder she said, "Professor Snape's office!" And the flames swallowed her whole.

Just moments later, she appeared in the fireplace in Snape's office. "Good morning Emily, please try not to get too much soot around the place." Snape said from behind his desk.

"I'll try not to Uncle Sev" Emily said cheerily, skipping out of the office. A minute later, Alice ran up behind her. "Thanks for waiting in Snape's office for me" She retorted sarcastically.

"Oh I'm sorry Ally, I forgot!" Emily replied.

"I know. Don't worry about it." Alice smiled, linking arms with her and adding, "Anyway, what've you been hiding?"

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out something good and bad has been on your mind through the holidays. Spill!"

"Find, but in the dormitory. It's easier if I show you." They ran into the Slytherin common room, barely registering Astoria and Blaise sitting on the sofas, as they went straight up to their dormitory. Emily began looking in her trunk for the velvet black box, and letter from Draco and handed them to Alice wordlessly, knowing she'd understand without explanation. "Wow he seems sorry," Alice stated reading the letter, "You believe him don't you?" Emily just nodded sitting down on her bed watching her friend gingerly open the box. "Oh my god! It's gorgeous! Draco got you this? It must've cost a fortune."

"I know" Emily replied quietly.

"You don't know if you can accept it do you?"

"How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess, ha! I think it depends though, I mean what's happening with you two?" Alice asked seriously.

"I dunno...I've not spoke to him since before the holidays" Emily sighed.