Nine - someone to tell

As (Y/N) and tom carried on talking in the kitchen happy as ever, the family woke up one after the other and went to the kitchen.

"Why are you so happy huh?"

"Morning to you too paddy."

"Morning tom. Morning (Y/N)"

"Morning mum"

"Morning Nikki"

Everyone greeted each other and got breakfast while tom and (Y/N) went in the garden to let tessa out.

"So, tom. When are we gonna tell them?"

(Y/N) was now playing fetch with tessa

"Well, I don't know. I honestly feel like we should wait a bit. Maybe at the end of the week. I mean, we've only just gotten together."

"I guess you're right. Just don't leave it too late. Like, don't tell them on the day we leave or something"

"Yeah yeah. Don't worry. I won't. Plus, paddy will know we're hiding something and he will probs get it out of us by tomorrow if he's lucky"

"Well let's just try not break"

The two head back in side and sat down in the front room with the others. They switched on the telly and started watching the news until (Y/N) got a call.

"Sorry, I'll be right back"

Without looking at the caller ID, (Y/N) answered

"Hello?"

"Hello (Y/N), it's Alex. I'm guessing you didn't look at the ID because you asked hello and didn't state it. Um anyway, how's Britain and have you changed you're mind about me"

(Y/N) all of a sudden got nervous and sat on the stairs

"Oh, hey Alex. um yeah, Britain's great...and I'm afraid, I'm actually taken...by Tom"

She made sure to whisper that part but although it was silent for some of the Holland's, It's was loud and clear for paddy who was now standing, smiling in front of her. (Y/N) saw paddy's feet and looked up embarrassed and shocked.

"Shoot, errr. Listen, Alex. You're a great friend but I'm Afraid nothing more. I have to go. Bye"

(Y/N) hung up and stared paddy in the eyes. She grabbed him by the sleeve and dragged him to toms room.

"Listen paddy, please do not repeat anything your just may or may not have heard. Please"

"I won't"

"Paddy! You're smiling and your hands are behind your back. You could be crossing you're fingers! Promise me! Me and tom have only just started dating and we don't want to jinx it by telling anyone too soon!"

Paddy one hand in the air and the other over his heart

"I promise I won't tell anyone about you and tom!"

"Thank you. Now go away! I have to call someone!"

Paddy ran off as (Y/N) started to call the only one that could possibly know what to do! The phone rang for a good minute and a half and just as it was about to go to voicemail, they picked up.

"Hey what's up (Y/N)!"

"Hey Z. I'm alright I guess. You?"

"Aha, I'm good. How's Britain going?"

"It's going good...yeah" (Y/N) replied with a sigh signalling to Zen that she wasn't 100% telling the truth

"(Y/N)! Come on. What's up?"

"Okay okay! Well, being honest...Britain is actually going great. It's fun to be back but I have a secret that I need to keep...but I'm bad at keeping secrets so I need to tell someone just so I can get telling someone of my chest...if that makes sense"

"Oh....okay, so what's the secret?"

Before (Y/N) replied she put the phone down and started to breath slowly. You promised tom not to say anything and You've already told your co-worker and now 15 minutes later, you're telling your best friend....

"Right, so me and tom have started dating..."

Before you could finish your sentence, z went crazy on the phone

"What! When! How! Omg YES!"

"Geez z. Calm down! An you can't tell anyone!"

"I promise"

"Good. Now I gotta go. Bye z...loves ya!"

"Bye. Loves ya too"

(Y/N) went back into the front room. Sat down and joined the convo. Tom looked over confused. So once again (Y/N) left the room, but with tom following her.

"What was that about?"

"Okay well. I'm not gonna lie to you. At first it was Alex. Asking if I've changed my mind but of course I said I was dating you because I could tell he can keep a secret. Then paddy found out because he snuck up on me when I was talking. Then I called Z coz I felt kinda bad and needed to tell someone else...I forgot I told Alex....and so she knows....I'm sorry tom. I'm actually so bad at keeping secrets."

You looked down...going red as tom stood there.

"It's okay (Y/N). It's fine. If three people know...then do you want to just tell the family?"

"That's would actually be great...yeah"

The two went back into the room. About to change their plan of telling people.
'Let's hope this doesn't jinx it'

_______________________________
(A/N)
Hey. Sorry it took me so long to write this chapter. Also, sorry it's short again. I always try and at least hit the 1000 word mark. Also, I've realised that I keep changing perspective as sometimes is third person but then sometimes it's  second person. I'm gonna stick with she/her as it's easier for me. So sorry if that confused you.
Okay bye x