eighteen -

(A/N) - there's gonna be some transphobic actions in here as i had a dream that fits with the drama of this story,(neither tom or (Y/N) says or does anything transphobic. It is a different person that tom stands up to) so sorry if this offends you. I do not mean to hurt anyone and if you dont want to read it, there's a small description of what happens in this chapter at the bottom.

________________________________________________________________________________

They both head home, sitting in the taxi talking and laughing, toms phone blowing up with notifications every second.. 

"they are definitely loving the photo"

"they love every photo i post."

"yes, but that photo...is amazing!"

"i hate you."

"I love you too Thomas aha"

The taxi parked and they went straight in and went straight to bed. It was early but they were tired.

The next day they both woke up and decided to have a movie marathon of all marvel films. avengers, the original spiderman films, xmen. The lot. they set up the TV. Got all movies, on DVD, Netflix, sky, amazon fire stick. Every possible place they could get a movie they got it. They got popcorn, sweets, chocolate, fanta, tango, coke, seven up. so much sugar. They get pillows, blankets. They close the curtains and turn off all light. The first movie starts. spiderman 1.

They sat there in silence until half way through the movie, there was a knock at the door. They paused the movie and (Y/N) gets up and answers it. tom listens in closely

For couple moments there was just inaudible noise until; 

"W-what are you doing here. How are you here. Wait...what have you got behind your back. No...Please. I'm sorry for getting you arrested. Please leave...ple-"

*bang*

The band startled tom frozen, he didn't know what to do, He was imagining the worst. the only thing that unfreezes him was when he looked out the window to see Evie running away, he immediately runs to the door to see (Y/N) on the floor, bleeding from the head and from the stomach. He stood there, staring at her body. The smallest amount of life just barely holding on. He called the police and an ambulance immediately.

_______________________________________________________________________________

In the waiting room, tom paces back and fourth, tears rolling down his cheeks slowly, waiting for (Y/N) to come out of surgery. Its only been half an hour but to tom it felt like years. He sat down but in his peripheral vision, he saw someone being cornered. It looked like a teen boy being cornered by a much, much older man. Tom was pretty far away but from what he could hear, the boy was trans and the guy was very against that. Tom had no choice but to stand up for the kid. tom got up and walked over pulling the man away and standing in between them.

"Woah woah woah big guy. whats your problem. get away from him. Cant you tell he scared?!"

"Scared? Scared?! she better be scared the stupid Bitch!"  

"right sir, i'm gonna need you to sit down. and its he. not she. please respect their pronouns."

"I'm not leaving till they can prove that their a boy. if they have no dick then their a girl. I'm sorry but its true."

"No, its not. But what is true, Is that your a piece of shit.  and you know what? He may not have the correct parts yet but his dick is still much bigger than yours so back off because i didn't come here to fight some one. Im here with my girlfriend" Tom turns around to the boy "and she would love to meet you. She is always interested in meeting new and different people" He turns back round to the guy "Now, walk away. Please!"

The Guy walks away and tom sits down next to the kid. "Hey. Im tom.You okay?"

"Omg, I know who you are. I love you so much. Thank you so much for doing that. I'm Jackson!"

"well hello jackson. So, If you dont mind me asking. Why are you here?"

"I'm here for my top surgery. Im nervous but so excited. what about you?"

"well, dont be nervous. congrats kid! Im here because my girlfriend got shot."

"woah. That's, I'm sorry you had to be involved in that after what you've through"

"yeah. Its fine. You were being harassed. I couldn't just ignore it."

After while of talking tom got called in. (Y/N) had woken up.

"Omg, (Y/N). Are you okay?!"

(Y/N) couldn't reply as she was tired and week so tom just sat there, talking to her.

"so, i met this kid in the waiting room. He's actually here for his top surgery. his names Jackson. He was getting harassed but i stepped in. I was thinking of you the whole time. Thinking of how you would have done the same. I told him how you would of loved to meet him. I hope your okay, i really do. I should have been the one to open the door. not you. Then maybe it would be me here, in bed. or maybe she wouldn't of shot thinking you weren't there."

Al of a sudden there was aloud beeping noise and (Y/N)'s eyes started to flicker open shut open shut. Her breathing increased. The nurse came in just as she started to calm down but tom was taken out of the room so the nurses can do some tests. Tom walked back into the waiting room. He was going to talk to Jackson gain but he was just leaving.

"hey, Jackson. congrats and i'm so happy for you"

"hey man. yeah thanks. good luck. Tell (Y/N) i said get well soon."

He got taken away as a nurse came back out for tom. 

"So, is she okay?!"

"I'm afraid not. She is stable but shes in a coma. the bang to the head when she fell down caused her to much stress and she just went into shock. There's no way in telling when she's gonna come out of it as every incident is different."

"okay. yeah. okay okay. um. yeah."

"I understand that your scared but i promise you shes in good hands. But you should probably go home and sleep. Get some rest and you can come back tomorrow and we'll tell you as much as we can."

"okay, thank you"

Tom slowly walks out. In denial about what he just got told. 

"Shit, i have no my home"

Tom gets his phone out and calls Harrison

"hey man. can you come pick me up? just use find my iphone. I dont really want to...talk about where i am"

"you seem upset. You okay?"

"honestly? I feel like shit"

"okay. Talk to me when i get there. Just leaving now"

Harrison arrived and tom got in, Telling Harrison pretty much everything. Well, forcing himself to as he just wanted to stay quite but he knew talking about it would help. They got home and without even saying goodbye to Haz, he shut the door and went straight to bed, not looking forward to the next couple months.

(description for those who didn't read it - they were going to have a movie night until Evie shows up and shoots (Y/N). They go to hospital but tom notices a young boy being harassed by this man. Tom stands up for the boy and they talk. tom then gets called in and (Y/N) ends up going into a coma.)