The understood misunderstanding - Part 5

(Not proof-read)

“Bela baby, where are you going? I've been waiting for you to get alone all night, but apparently you are very sought today. ”

Yuvi had been on the edge since the moment he put his feet in the house. Nobody seemed pleased he was back home. Worst of all, he learnt his big bro had wedded his supposed to be bride. How even in hell? Mahir was always shy one, but most of all the workaholic one. He never had time to spare for girls. Forget about time, he was never even interested in them to start with. So how could he step all the dating steps and head directly to matrimony? Yuvi wondered and he was both irritated and jealous. Jealous, because Bela was supposedly his brother's now and he wanted her. He always had since he first laid his eyes on her. He knew it wasn't love at first sight. It was only lust. That's why he had  wanted to marry her in the first place. He knew Bela was the type of girl for whom marriage is important but he didn't care about that. To fulfill his desire, he had agreed to do all the bullshit she believed in. Well, that was before he met with his friends. Those freaking vagrants had convinced him to join them on a road trip. They had promised him they'd have fun and with fun, indeed he was served. But all good things have an end and he was getting bored. He wanted be back home. He remembered he ran away from his wedding but he knew she would still be waiting for him . What he faced when he reappeared, wasn't wjat he expected. He could see on both his mother's and brother's faces, they were anxious. He hadn't known why till his mother let go of the bomb.  Even then, he knew he didn't have to worry. His bro had always been here to make up for his mistakes and that is what he was doing again. Forever and always the sacrificing son and brother. When he met him, he expressed to him his gratitude. Mahir had done this to save the family's and Bela's honour but he was back now. Mahir hadn't uttered a word. He couldn't decipher the expression of his face but he knew Mahir would end up by giving in to him. 

This evening, after talking to Mahir, he went in the living to make a phone call. When he heard her voice, he was ecstatic. He knew she was making a love declaration. He was pleased. He knew his bro would never let him down and would talk to Bela and make things right.  But everything went wrong as soon as Bela took Mahir's name. She barely touched him, and  she knew it wasn't Mahir. The look in her eyes then was enough for Yuvi to know she was in love with his brother. He had ignored Mahir's retort because he was always the protective type.
Bela was the one who worried him. He had glanced at her all along but she never looked back at him. She was clearly looking for Mahir and she was annoyed she couldn't find him. He knew it would be difficult to woo her, but with the help of his brother, it should be possible.

“So come on baby. Now I have you all for myself. let's catch up.‘’

Bela was speechless. She couldn't believe the nerves of this guy. ‘’Baby? I ? All for himself? He's definitely mad.“ She thought to herself. Automatically her eyes went towards the pillar where Mahir was standing. She could feel panic raising when she didn't find him there. She sighed. For sure, he'd mistaken it again. This made her furious.

‘‘Yuvi. I told you this evening, I wasn't your baby. Didn't you hear it at that time? And just to be clear, you do not have me, or ever will. I don't know why you came back here, but I will not tolerate this behaviour towards me anymore. I'm a married woman and you should stay in your limits.’’

‘‘I came back for you baby.’’ He said bluntly and Bela was shaken. She hadn't expected him to speak this frankly to her.

“Didn't she just tell you not to call her baby?” Mahir asked, snaking his hand around Bela's waist.

Neither of them had heard him approached, but Bela knew his touch and was relieved to have him next ro her. Their eyes locked and she could see rage in her husband's eyes.

‘‘Oh come on bro. Don't be such a killjoy. You don't need to protect her from me. Right, Bela?’’ he emphasised on the Bela. “So if you could please leave us to our business. ”

Bela knew Mahir was losing patience as he took a step closer to Yuvi, shaking with anger, still holding her by the waist.

‘‘My wife's business is my business, Yuvi. So no. I am not leaving. ’’

Bela was taken aback. She had never seen him this possessive.

“Boys, please stop this. The house is still full of guests”

“Come on bro. This was a last minute marriage just to save the family's face. I know you both just have a pretense marriage. You don't share any relationship.”

“Yuvi! I don't allow you to talk of my relationship like that.” Bela spat. She could feel Mahir' grip tightened on her waist but she stayed marble.

“Yuvi. Bela is my wife in every sense. Whatever happens between my wife and I between the closed door of our bedroom is none of your concerns. What you don't know, is for you to find out and what we both do know, is for us to cherish.”

With that, Mahir patted his shoulder with a big smile on his face and was satisfied to see all colours draining from Yuvi's face.

For the first time feeling better since the party started, Mahir made his way towards the dance floor, dragging along his shocked wife, who never thought she'd see this side of her husband.