The understood misunderstanding - Part 7

(Not proof-read)

“Yuvi, what are you talking about? ” Andy was a confused man at the moment. He had observed these three during the party and who loved who, was very clear to him.

Andy Sehgal knew he was not the nicest person nor best father on earth. He was barely affective with his kids, but loved them with all his heart. Sumitra had always been the one to deal with the kids, and he found it was time maybe to interfere a little.
He knew where this matter was going. While he was aware they didn't need this shit at this time, well he knew they would to deal with it, come what may. Yuvi had always been a spoilt brat and he knew he was to blame for it. He never had time for his kids and so, let them to have what they want. Mahir was always the wise one. He wouldn't say Mahir was his favourite, but even though he never voiced it, he was very proud of the man he became. 
And right now, his youngest son wanted Bela. Andy had always known why he ran away from his wedding. He didn't want to get commited, because he was a free electron. He loved women and the pleasure that came with it. Andy had been like that in his youth, but had put all that behind him and settled down when he met Sumitra. He had known she was the one for him at first sight. People would say it's the bride who runs away normally, but here the groom did. A bloody moron when he was the one who wanted to get married. 
He knew Mahir got this side from him. This son who never even laid an eye on any woman, had agreed out of the blues to marry a random one ?! Bullshit. He knew Mahir had been charmed by Bela. It was obvious to everyone he was in love with his wife and that's why Yuvi wanted her now. He had always wanted everything single thing Mahir had, and the great brother he was and still is, Mahir gave in to his every request. He trusted Mahir  to take the right decision as he was a grown man now.
The one he couldn't understand was Bela. She had after agreed to marry Yuvi in the first place. So had she loved him at some point? Then she had agreed to marry Mahir as she didnt want her dad to lose face. Andy was no fool though. He coukd see love for Mahir in her eyes. She didn't want to show him in the beginning but he had noticed how she was letting go of her guards little by little. He could see how shocked and angry she was right amd her eyes was locked with Mahir's who was standing next to Sumitra. This situation was such mess. He sighed.

‘‘Simple dad! I'm talking about their divorce.’’

Andy rolled his eyes as if he hadn't heard the first time.

“I clearly heard you the first time, thank you very much. What I want to know, is why are you talking about this and not the concerned person?

Yuvi made his way towards Bela and stood close to her.

“Oh come dad. You all know we were both supposed to get married and Mahir just stepped as a consolation prize. But I'm here now, so now need for this anymore. Right Bela?” he said, gripping her arm.

Before Bela even had the time to react, Mahir was in front of her, jerking Yuvi away from her.

‘‘Do.not.touch.my.wife.Yuvi!’’ Mahir spat with venom. He was shaking from head to toe.

Yuvi refused to back down.

‘‘You stay out of it. She will soon be my fiancee.’’

Before everyone could blink, Mahir grabbed his collar, and pulled his face closed to his.

“As long as I am alive, this will never happen! ”

‘‘Enough! ’’Andy roared.

Bela who was trying to pull Mahir back, jumped but clutched Mahir's hand tightly.

‘‘Enough both of you! This won't happen my roof, understood! Step back both of you. No one needs to speak for her. I'm sure Bela can tell us all what she wants right now.

Bela was taken aback. She hated how her day had turned out and she had hoped it was just a dream. She stayed glue to Mahir and kept squeezing his hand. She took a deep breath and faced Andy.

“Gosh. I don't know how many times I will have to say this today. I never wanted to get married to Yuvi in the first place. I never loved him. You are right Dad. No one has the right to take a decision on our relationship, in our place.” she remembered what Sumitra had told her. ‘‘Mahir and I both know our relationship had its highs and lows, but we are sticking together, for the best and the worst. ’’

Everyone noticed Bela didn't clearly confessed her love for Mahir, bur her statement was clear enough for all of them .

‘‘Bela..’’

‘‘Yuvi, stop it’’ Mahir interrupted, ‘‘this is getting ridiculous. Bela doesn't love you nor does she want to get married to you. She is my wife and you better get this in your mind. I won't tolerate any of your nonsense anymore. You're the one who left so deal with it. ’’

Andy and Sumitra were both pleased with whatever Bela and Mahir said, and they knew they had to make Yuvi understand, or else he'll learn to deal with it.

‘‘Yuvi, now you heard what wife and husband had to say on their marriage. So what's going in their life, is none of your concern. Bela is your sister in law now and I won't bear with your rubbish anymore. You better stop being a spoil brat and leave them alone. You are the one who asked for this so now deal with it. Now I'm tired with all these drama, so let's call it a night. Everybody go to bed now and let's hope tomorrow brings us better things.‘’

With that, he made his way to his room along with Sumitra. They were closely followed by Mahir and Bela, who were still holding hands, and they both knew the night was far from being over for them.