003 | A Skeleton in the Locker

"I had a thought." I roll my eyes as soon as my sister opens her mouth. I know, it's terribly annoying when she announces that she's just come up with a new idea. Though, I have to deal with it.

"Oh no." My reaction doesn't make her change her mind; instead, she looks more enthusiastic than before.

"I swear it's a good one this time!" What does it mean? Seriously, I've got no clue of what she wants to do right now.

"Okay, Rylea, what do you mean?" It's clear that all this shit doesn't convince me. I mean, when she has a new idea, it always ends in failure. And this time will be no exception, as usual.

"There's a Halloween bash at the graveyard, and I hope that you can take me there." She glances at me, raising her eyebrows a little and curling her lips. Even though I'm tempted to deny her request, I just nod. I don't want to let her down.

So, we walk down the alley that leads to the graveyard. As we reach its entrance, we find that the huge iron gate is wide open. "Let's go," she exhorts, after which we enter the park, noticing a line of graves in all their majesty.

As soon as I realize that Rylea has left me behind, I walk back towards the iron gate, leaving this creepy place. I shouldn't leave my sister behind, you may think, but she really longed to come here so I can't really complain.

Realizing that I should be at the Halloween party organized by the soccer squad, I go back to school, hoping not to be too late - I don't wanna miss out on the so-called "initiation", which is the most interesting part of the event. It's pretty simple: it consists of calling up the rookies, then choosing one or two volunteers and forcing them through a series of daunting challenges.

Surprisingly, as I reach the soccer pitch, I only find thirty people, half of which are part of the squad like me. As one of the guys approaches me, he tells me, "Dude, we have a problem. Only one rookie showed up, so what are we going to do with the initiation?"

"I have a plan. Follow me." I smirk and head towards the locker room, followed by my friend and a rookie, a guy aged about fifteen who joined the squad only two months ago. We stop by a row of lockers, and my friend and I order the rookie to open one. He obeys; however, as he opens the first locker from right, he makes a step back and screams.

"Somebody help me! This locker is haunted!" he shouts, running away afterwards. My friend and I approach the locker, only to find a skeleton with glowing red eyes. The skeleton laughs wickedly and hisses, "Your sister... sent me... here..."

This can't be true. 

My sister made friends with a skeleton, and she's never told me.

[500 words]

This is a short story for the contest held by @sport for the Halloween Vault. The protagonist is a member of his school's soccer team, and the dialogue is included at the beginning.