021 | Switch and Kill

It all happened because of a curse by a witch. Every single attempt of ours to defeat her had proved useless, especially after she cast a spell which reverted our genders. In other words, Castiel, Dean and I were turned into women.

So, now we're all here, wondering what we can do and whether we can keep doing our job even if we are women. Most of our friends would be unlikely to recognize us; other people would just deem us "weird": still, we don't give a damn about being liked by other people. What matters is that we accomplish our missions.

Anyway, the situation here is embarrassing because everyone is pointing at us, making nasty comments on our looks or criticizing the fact that we look a little too masculine to be females. Okay, they definitely don't know how dangerous a curse can be.

So, we're headed towards the woods, where a community of witches is supposed to reunite to hold a sort of strange ritual. However, strangers are not welcome as they'd be killed straight away if caught. This is why we need to come up with a convincing plan.

Castiel suggests that we all disguise as witches, preferably newbies, so that we give the impression that we're interested in their ritual and we're able to deceive them better. As we approach them, we realize that the witch who cursed us also belongs to this community. Fortunately for us, she doesn't recognize us.

As the ritual is about to start, we sit in circle like the other witches, following their moves and paying attention to what they say so that we can catch it. They recit a couple of spells, then move forward to a mysterious and incomprehensible chant.

The old hag who cursed us then mutters something under her breath, followed by two or three of the eldest witches, whereas the others - including us - stay silent. Suddenly, they stand up and reach a large tree, where they reunite in circle. We follow them, but the sorceress orders us to stay behind. "You're newbies, you can't stay here. It's too dangerous for you."

This is the perfect moment to devise our plan to get rid of the witches. Dean finds some chunks of wood and some stones and gets ready to start a fire. Meanwhile, Castiel is looking for something to feed it. The bigger, the merrier, obviously. With such a big fire in the surroundings, the witches will be most likely to be trapped here, unless they cast some of their spells.

This is why we must act quickly. As the fire is ready, I notice that the witches are getting back here, ready to start the second part of the ritual. We all sit around the fire, with the fags reciting more incomprehensible words. As they're focused on it, I take advantage of the general distraction to throw more dead leaves and branches in the fire, causing a huge mass of smoke to rise till it covers the witches' eyes.

Then, the three of us stand up and make several steps back; I notice that Dean has just snatched their spell book and is scanning through it to see whether there's a spell that can cancel the effect of the fag's curse on us. The book says that there's only one way to do so: we must destroy it, possibly without being noticed.

To make sure our plan works, we keep throwing more and more stuff in the fire, making it even bigger. As a witch notices, she casts a spell to try to stop it, but surprisingly it doesn't work. This is when we enact the last part of our plan. We approach the fire, then I take the book and throw it in the fire.

As I do, I follow Dean and Castiel through the path that leads us outside the woods. We let go of our disguises and then run away as fast as we can in order not to catch the witches' attention - and earn their wrath, as well. As we find a gas station in the area, we find an isolate place to rest.

Suddenly, as I look myself into a mirror, I notice that my looks are no longer feminine and that my hair has turned back to normal. I call my brother and Castiel, telling them to check themselves in a mirror, too. Like me, they're both back to being males.

We somehow managed to lift the curse off of us, but this may just be the beginning of the end.

[762 words]

This is a short story I wrote for the contest by WattSupernatural for Halloween Vault. I apologize in advance to all the Supernatural fans if there's something that may be inaccurate or inappropriate.