013 | Ghosts at Storybrooke

Every year Storybrooke celebrates Hallow's Eve with a huge block party where its inhabitants organize a parade, while kids go trick-and-treating or take part in an amazing treasure hunt. This year, however, things are going to change.

In spite of general resistance, a haunted house has been renewed and set up for a spooky party there under Regina's direct order. It's known that she has a knack for curses and spells, and the haunted house is the perfect place to organize a super Halloween party without worrying about the weather.

Even though she doesn't want to attend that party, fearing to be the victim of a maleficent spell, Celinda realizes that everyone in Storybrooke is going to visit the haunted house, even tourists. She and Regina are not in speaking terms, especially after the Evil Queen cast a spell on her sister, turning her into a glass statue.

As soon as she approaches the house, Celinda gasps. "It looks even worse than I thought," she comments, aware that there might be hidden traps or ghosts occupying its rooms. She doesn't like ghosts. The last time she encountered one, she was having tea with Mr. Gold when a pale, faded figure appeared out of the blue.

It approached her to steal her silver necklace, only to disappear shortly after. She vowed that she'd find it again, even though if this means that she'll have to meet one of those nasty creatures once again. After all, Celinda isn't the kind of girl who backs off on challenges.

She enters the house, immediately greeted by a grinning Regina, who says, "Welcome to the Haunted House, Celinda. I've been waiting for this moment to come." She laughs wickedly under her breath, not caring about Celinda's clueless stare.

The two women reach the living room, where Belle and Mr. Gold are sitting on the couches, sipping tea and telling spooky tales about ghosts and demons. In particular, Belle offers Celinda a place next to her, which she accepts. As she's given a cup of tea, Celinda starts shivering, much to Regina's amusement, who can see that she's clearly scared.

She crouches on the sofa next to Belle, occasionally looking away, when she feels something touching her shoulders. She turns, only to find nothing. As she gets back to her tea, she feels again that presence; then, she asks, "Are you feeling something strange? I mean, something is touching me, but I don't know what."

While Regina laughs again under her breath, Mr. Gold explains, "Well, Celinda, this house is inhabited by ghosts. They've been living here since Storybrooke was founded. When Regina found them out, she wanted to send them away, but-"

He's cut off by his teacup moving suspiciously. Now that she knows that ghosts live in this house, Celinda, although scared, is curious about their story. And, perhaps, a little amused, too.

[479 words]

This is a story written for the contest by @OUATFans for Halloween Vault.