005 | Wrecking Havoc

Walking in a bar dressed as Batman, I'm more than sure that no-one will recognize, not even my friends. After all, my costume is accurate and perfectly tidy, looking like a perfect disguise, whereas theirs are more rudimental and, I'd dare to say, quite poorly made.

As I wonder whether getting a couple of drinks is a good idea or not, I notice that a guy, wearing what I'd define a supervillain costume, is waving at me. Hesitantly, I walk towards his direction, hoping that this is not a trap.

He greets me, patting my shoulder violently, and grins. "Hey. Nice costume. Where did you get it?" he asks out of curiosity, making me sweat inside my beautiful Batman costume. I don't want to admit I bought it at the convenience store, or else this man and his friends will believe that I'm not cool.

I just smile and nod, which he seems not to understand at first; however, he just shrugs as it doesn't seem to matter too much. As he points at the bar, he offers me a seat next to his friends, who are also dressed up as superheroes and supervillains.

He whistles, catching some attention from the bartender, who offers us drinks. As I realize that I left my wallet at home, I panic, knowing that I have to rush home to pick it and then get back here to pay for them. Though, the bartender raises a hand, saying, "Don't worry, dude. It's all on me."

I decide to take full advantage of this to order as many shots as I can. The more, the merrier, right?

***

As I wake up with the master of all headaches, I notice five or six people all scattered on my bedroom's floor, wearing superhero or supervillain costumes. They're all asleep; plus, the room is a huge mess, which is proof that something must've happened.

I rush to the living room and the first thing I do as I'm there is turning the TV on. The news is airing right now, announcing something scary I never thought it'd happen in just one night.

'Breaking news. A team of superheroes fought three supervillains during the night, causing major havoc as they destroyed, among others, the main building of the Hayles Buildings company and the town hall. About fifty people were injured as a consequence of a massive explosion that occurred during the fight.

'The explosion also spread radioactive material, which turned about a third of the population into mutants. We're still waiting for further updates.'

I can't believe all this shit happened. Worse still, I might be one of the responsibles for this disaster; yet, I don't even know how to fix it.

I should've never accepted to have drinks with those psychotic weirdos.

[465 words]

This is a story I created for the contest held by superhero for Halloween Vault.