VI

"I ain't had one of these bitches in six months dawg," Stokeley says as he searches for a lighter in Coolie's car

"Damn nigga we ain't even leave the lot yet and you already tryna light up" Coolie turns the car on and begins to drive.

"Yes nigga i'm stressed,' he inhales the cigarette and then exhales, a cloud of smoke exits between his lips.

"So, you said you had to go somewhere when i pick you up?"

"Oh yeah i got to go to my supplier."

"Hell nah. You not getting locked up again nigga you either working for me or you working legally."

"Work for you? I might think about it 'cause you hella slick witcho shit."

"Well think faster 'cause me and Greg need some help. Ever since Khalil died we been flooded with work."

"Just to help you out i'll do it."

"Thanks cuzzo," Coolie smiles and playfully pushes his shoulder.

"Yeah yeah. I'm already doing you favors."

"Don't even do that 'cause you getting hella money outta this shit."

"I know, i know."

As they make their way to the apple store to get Stokes a phone, Coolie catches him up on the things he's missed since he's been locked up.

"Ma visited every now and then but she always would start an argument with me so id rather her not come. She brought Isis to see me like once."

"Your moms a lil fucked up in the head."

"Yeah because my dead beat ass dad. I hate that nigga."

"Don't we all?"

Stokeley sighs and smashes the last bit of his cigarette into the ash tray.

"Next topic," He says.

"Riah's at the crib she think i went to the trap."

Stokeley smiles when Coolie says her name.

"You look more happy to see her than to see ya own cousin dawg. Yo like her or sum?"

"Nigga no she's like my sister. Fuck i look like liking my sister?"

Coolie shrugs, "Alabama tease."

Stokeley busts out laughing, "Yo shut up bro."

Coolie pulls into the mall parking lot and parks the car. They walk into the mall and find the apple store. Stokeley goes up to the counter and buys a iphone X.

Afterwards, they go into a store to find a bag or two so Stokeley can gather his things at his moms house.

They leave and head to Stokes house. When they get there, Stoke grabs the key under the mat and unlocks the door. Isis was watching tv on the couch in the living room. He turns to see Stoke and Coolie walk in and her eyes light up.