XIV

.*.[1 YEAR LATER].*.

stokeley.

My face tats been peeling like hell and it's driving me fuckin crazy. I place a cigarette on my lips and grab my gun.

"Jah where the fuck is my clip at?"

He looks around my desk, lifting books and papers. Finally he finds it and tosses it to me. I nod my head and load the shit.

"Aye Ool havin a party tomorrow night, maybe we can perform," He says.

"I'll ask him when I drop this off fa him," I grab the duffle bag and head downstairs.

"Where you goin now?" Riah stops me and smiles.

"I'm bout to go drop this delivery off at ools. Imma be back in like ten minutes," I kiss her lips then make my way to my car.

jahseh.

Me and Stoke plays on SoundCloud been going through the roof lately. We not famous but we getting there.

Riah peeks her head through the bedroom door, "Indya's here."

Indya is the only girl that truly understands me. She with me through the good & bad.

I nod my head and go downstairs. I look at her on the couch & jump next to her. She turns and smiles at me & I smile back.

"I ain't seen you in like a whole week where you been?" I ask.

"Work. My dad tryna get custody of me so I been having to go to court too," She replies.

"Where he live at?"

"North Carolina."

"North Carolina!?"

She nods her head.

"So you just gone leave me like dat? Like everybody else you just gone fuckin leave me?"

"Jahseh calm down," She says. "It's only if he wins. You know I wouldn't purposely leave."

"Whos most likely gone win? Ya mom or dad?"

"..."

"Exactly. I'm tired of people just leaving me like I ain't got feelins. You think I ain't got feelins too?"

"I never said that Jah I just wanted to tell you just Incase he wins," She frowns. "I don't wanna leave either. But you know how my mom is; she's no good. It'll be safer for me to live with my dad."

"Then go live wit him," I say. I clench my jaw and look down, "Go be safe wit him."

"Jah-

"I said go," I repeat.

She sighs and shakes her head, "Not everybody is trying to fuckin hurt you Jah."

She gets up and leaves.

I let out a deep breath and rub my face. I get attached too fuckin easily.

I go upstairs in my room & close my door. Everytime I get myself around people , they always seem to disappoint me. Shits annoying now.

riah.

I hear the front door open, "Who want Chinese?"

"Meeee!" I run into the living room and jump in Stokes arms.

He chuckles, "Ight damn lemme put the food down first."

I chuckle and get off of him. He puts the food on the counter and takes all the food out the bag.

"Can you hold me now?" I pout.

He tilts his head and opens his arms. I smile & walk into them. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

"Why you so lovey dovey today?"

I shrug, "Ion know you juss lookin extra fine today."

"Mhm," He hums.

"Ew y'all ugly as a bitch," Jahseh said coming down the stairs.

"You just mad cause ya lil boo thang moving away," I stick my tongue out.

"Aye. Shut up," he says.

"Wait Indya moving away?" Stoke asks.

"Yeah but ion even care. Fuck ha."

"Nigga you always do this. When something don't go your way you act like you don't care. You know you like her why won't you ask her out?"

"What's the point? She moving nigga."

Stoke chuckles, "Oh shit you right."

"Dumbass," jah shakes his head.

We all converse and eat ; as usual.

"Yo Jah , somebody recognized me today," Stoke says.

"Wait forreal?"

Stoke nods his head, "They asked where you was at and I said at the crib. They took a pic and everything."

"See what I tell you!? We gone be bigger than life nigga."

Coolie walks in the front door with my new phone, "They have it to me for free cause they like my music," he tosses the phone to me.

"YAYYY," I say and check it out a bit.

"Coolie bro that beard is gettin a lil too long. You look homeless brotha," Jah laughs.

"You just mad ya shit don't grow out all the way," Coolie rolls his eyes.

We all laugh and Jah smacks his teeth, "Shut up mane."

Stoke looks down at his phone and reads a message, "Aye Jah."

"Ye?"

"Ool said we can perform tomorrow."

"Ah shit. We gone be lit the fuck up."

"Awe I'm so happy for you guyths😔✋🏿," I say.

Next thing you know , they doin interview after interview.