XVII

stokeley.
I quietly open the door so I wouldn't wake anyone up, & I go upstairs to Riahs room.

She ain't there.

I go to my room ; she ain't there. I raise my brow as I pull out my phone and call her. I then hear her phone ringing from downstairs.

No ones downstairs bruh. This ain't like her. No one is in this house except me.

I already lost my sister, I can't lose her.

riah.
I slowly open my eyes to see a man sitting infront of me with a ski mask on. I quickly try to observe my surroundings; im in some sort of basement. My hands are tied to the back of the wooden chair im sitting in. The man seems sleep. I look and try to find a way i can get out of this chair. I scoot the chair and it makes a really loud skreetch. The man groans and wakes up. He quickly looks at me and shakes his head.

"WHO ARE YOU!?!?!?" I yell, fighting my tears.

He says nohting, he just sits and stares at me.

"Why arent you talking?" I ask.

Again, he doesn't reply. It seems like he's trying to hide his voice. Do I know him?

He gets up and walks over to a table with a pistol on it. My heart drops. Why me?!

"Wh- what are you doing? Please, please don't do this." I cry.

He picks up a paper and a pencil and writes something down. He shows me; Im not going to hurt you. This is for someone else.

"Who- who are you going to hurt? Do I know them? What happened? What did they do?" I ramble.

He writes something else down, at least he's communicating, maybe i can figure out who this is.

He shows me; I love you

He loves me? Who loves me...?

He quickly puts the gun on his waist, leaves, and locks the door.

jahseh.
Me and stoke quickly look around the house to try to find some sort of evidence of anyone coming here.

Nothing.

Coolie bursts through the front door, "I've checked every local store, gas station, theater, you name it. Noone has seen her."

"Do she got any type of friends she could be with?" I ask, knowing none of us hang with anybody outside of our circle.

"No bro," Stoke sighs.

The last time I seen stoke this sad was...

He sits on the couch and hunches over, putting his face in his palms. I hear him quietly sniffling. I sit beside him and comfort him, "Stoke we're going to find her, I promise you."

"Don't promise me anything. It'll only hurt more if we don't," He says.

"Come on Stoke don't say that. We are going to find her," Coolie says. "I'll get every single one of the people I work with to keep a look out for her."

"And I can print out flyers," I say.

"This is crazy man, who would do this? I know she didn't just leave bro I know she didn't," He cries.

"Whoever took her knows where we live, has anybody been follwing yall? or you think you've been followed?" Coolie says.

Me and Stoke both shake our heads. All of a sudden, we hear a car slam on breaks outside.