XIII

Stokeley wakes up in a hospital bed; Coolie on one side then Jah and Riah on the other.

Riah looks up at Stoke and notices his eyes are open.

"Stoke!" She jumps up and walks up to his bed.

"The fuck am I here for?" He sits up and looks over to Coolie looking down & wiping his face.
"Is something wrong with me?"

"No Stoke," Riah says. "Nothings wrong with you. You just passed out for a couple hours."

"Passed out? Why would I pass out?" He asks confused.

Coolie looks at Riah & Riah looks at Coolie, then back to Stoke, "You don't remember? What happened last night?"

He tries to think...

"Ion remember shit from last night. I had a horrible ass dream though."

"What was it?"

"My stupid ass mom left the oven on while Isis was alseep upstairs and left the house for hours like a dumbass and the neighbors called me and-

Coolie sniffles, "It wasn't a dream bro."

Stokes face saddens. "Nah bro it was a dream."

"Stoke no it wasn't."

Jahseh walks over to Stoke, "Stoke I know you in denial right now bro but we're all here for you man."

Riah wipes her tears away and nods her head.

"Wh-what about Isis?" Stokes voice begins to go in and out.

"She's gone Stokeley," Riah tries her best to not start crying.

Stoke couldn't believe it; like he literally couldn't believe it. It was so random.

"You told Aunt Marie, Danny?" He asks.

Marie was Coolies mom. They haven't talked since he moved out. Basically all of their parents hated them.

Coolie nods his head yes.

"Riah, you told your mom?"

She nods her head as well.

Stoke rubs his face, hoping that'll wake him from this nightmare. "FUUUUCK!" He yells.

Hours went by with everyone talking about the situation last night. It was all so surreal.

Jahseh didn't really have much to say, as usual. This was his second day out and shit has already happened. He felt bad for Stoke; losing a family member, especially a close one.

Stokeley was now able to come home. School allowed three absent days due to death in the family so he wasn't going to school until Thursday.

He's been thinking about dropping out lately to pursue the career of rapping with Jahseh, but he knows that Riah needs him to be there for her. He also knows he has to have a backup plan if this rap shit doesn't work out.

to be continued.