XII

Jahseh walks out into the world for the first time since last year. He was finally free. Free to right his wrongs, free to start his career, free to fuck more shit up.

He had no plans on quitting his illegal ways after getting out, he just hopes he doesn't get caught again.

Stokeley stands there, leaning on Coolies car, smoking a cig as Jah continues his way towards him. They finally meet and dap eachother up.

"You free g! How it feel?" Stokeley asks with his cigarette to the side of his lips.

"I need some pussy," Jah answers. They both share a laugh and get in the car as Stoke drives them home.

"You can wear my clothes until you go get yours ight?"

Jahseh nods his head. "So where do we live and who do we live with?"

"My cousin Coolie and my best friend Riah. They chill peoples. There ain't really that much room but the couch is free. We saving up for a bigger place," Stoke replies.

Jah nods his head again and leans back in the passenger seat.

~

Stokeley shows Jahseh around the house, then makes both of them something to eat.

"Where's everybody at?" Jah asks.

"Coolie is at work and Riah is at school. I skipped today so I could pick you up."

"ah. So you and Riah hooked up yet?"

Stoke almost spits out his water, "Nigga what? Hell nah that's my sis."

"Then where you sleeping?"

"...Her bedroom- but we not fuckin."

Jahseh laughs, "Yeah ight. She too fire for you to just be sleeping in the same bed and not makin a move."

"You want me to be honest with you bro?"

"Im listening."

"We kissed a couple weeks ago...but it was nothin'."

"Nah nigga it was definitly somethin'. How long yall known eachotha again?"

"Since we was born."

"Yeahhh yall startin to catch feelings."

"No nigga."

Jahseh laughs, "Okay so if she started dating somebody right now,how would you feel?"

"I wouldn't care.."

Jah tilts his head.

Stoke sighs, "As long as he not a pussy ass nigga and treat her right then im good."

"mhm."

~

2 hours later...

Stoke and Jah both left to go pick Riah up from school.

riah.

I open the back door and get in the car to be greeted by Jahseh. Wow, he's cuter than the last time i saw him.

"Hi," I smile.

Jahseh grins, "Hey."

"We bout to go to ihop," Stoke says as he begins to drive.

"Ok bet," I say as i take my bookbag off and place it next to me.

Durring the carride, Jahseh didnt really talk that much, but whenever me or stoke asked him a question, he responded.