Chapter 3

❄️Elsa's POV❄️

It was a little weird to take my top off in front of the prince, but I had to do it. I took off my shirt and the doctor and prince walked behind me and they both gasped

"It looks like as if you were whipped" the doctor states

"I was" I answered

"By who?" He questioned

"My mother" I say weakly, trying to hide the fact that I was in pain.

"I see scars, have you been whipped before?"

"Sadly yes,this has been the 20-30th time since my father abandoned us"

Suddenly the doctor touches my back and I flinch and groan in pain. Then the prince walks in front of me and stands there, a little too close for comfort.

"Why does your mother do this?" The Prince asks

"I don't know" I answer truthfully. I really got no idea why she does this. Maybe because it's my fault my dad left? No it can't be! I didn't do anything wrong.

"Most of your cuts are not deep, but there is one I need to stitch up" the doctor says, then I remembered that I don't have the money to pay him, so I turn around to face him and he was getting the needle ready.

"You can't! I mean, I do t have the money to pay you" I cried then he looks at me and says

"It doesn't matter, this will get infected if I don't stitch it up. Now, come over here and lay down on the bed with your back facing the ceiling" the doctor instructed. And I do as told.

⛄️Jack's POV⛄️

As the doctor out the needle in her skin, she flinched in pain but she didn't scream or cry. Not even a single tear fell from her eyes. All I could think of was: 'Wow... This girls tough!"

When it was over, she sat up and put her shirt back on. I couldn't help but ask, "didn't that hurt? You didn't even scream or cry once!"

"It hurt but not as much as what caused it" she replied and continued to talk "I should probably tell my mother that I'm not in jail"

"Why would you be in jail?"

"That's the thing, you told my mum that you are taking me to the castle and that's the only reason why people like me go to the castle. She will probably be sad and angry that I'm not in jail but I will still have to go"

"Why would she be upset and angry" I can't help but wonder why this girl can't run away?

"Because she always wanted me out of her life, gone forever. I'm surprised that she hasn't put a bullet in my brain yet" she says trying to hide the pain from the fact that her mother didn't want her and wanted her to be dead. Then I had an idea

"Hey, why don't you stay here, at the castle, just until your old enough to live on your own" I said. She looked at me in shock and then said

"That's very nice of you, but, I'm only 16 and the law states that to live on my own I have to be at least 22. That's 6 years away and I don't think your parents, the King and Queen, will approve of a villager living in the castle"

"There's only one way to see" I say and grabbed her wrist and started to drag her away from the doctors office but before I left I said a quick thank you to him.