44: Robert Downey Jr

I spit out my drink and coughed, "What did you just say?"

Gemma looked at me,"He's back in town."

"Who?" Elle looked at us curiously

"No one." I said setting my fork down

"Oh come on mom!"Elle whined, "I want to know!"

"Yeah Rey, she wants to know." Gemma looked at me pointedly

I looked at Gemma witha glare, "I-"

"Please mom!" Elle looked at me with those brown puppy eyes

"Oh for heaven sakes." Gemma sighed, "Robert Downey JR is in town."

"Oh." Elle said,"Why is that such a big deal to us?"

"Because he-" Gemma started then paused. "He is an old friend of your moms."

"Wait." Elle looked at me, "You were friends with THE Robert Downey JR?"

"More than just friends..." Gemma muttered

I shot her a glare and looked at Elle, "Yes." I nodded "But that was years ago." I stood up, "Now when you two are finished meet us on the square." I set some money on the table and left the cafe

I can't believe he is back. He hasn't been in this town in about 20 years, and I haven't seen him in 6 years. Why is he back now? He can't be moving here, this town isn't one that would make a big Hollywood actor decide to live here. Oh god, what if I run into him? How am I going to handle him meeting Elle and Ellis? Oh god! Elle and Ellis! Ellis will be excited if he meets Robert because he is into superheroes. Little Ellis won't catch onto things. Elle on the other hand.... She'll catch on fast. How could she not? It doesn't matter if I am mad at Robert or if I hate him in the moment, every time I am with him I'm... I'm a woman in love.

Him being back here means I'll have to face him. And I already know I am going to be snappy with him. But with him being here, I'll have to confront what I've been hiding from him, and the kids, for the last 20 years.

"Raynlee!" Mrs. Harper smiled. I didn't realize I had made it to the daycare. "I thought Elle was picking up little Ford."

I smiled hearing her still call Ellis, Ford. She loves calling him Ford because it reminds her of her days watching my dad when he was a kid. "Elle is finishing up lunch with Gemma." I said closing the door behind me."Ellis and I are going to meet up with them."

Mrs. Harper smiled and called for Ellis. "He has been very good today. Though he insists I call him Johnny."

I softly laughed,"It's because he likes a superhero named Johnny."

"That explains it."She laughed lightly

"Mommy!" Ellis ran over and wrapped his arms around my legs

I smiled down at him and brushed hair from his face, "Ready to go?"

He looked up at me smiling wide, "Yes!"

"See you later Mrs. Harper." I smiled and waved as we stepped outside

"See you later dear." She smiled

I took Ellis's hand as we walked down the sidewalk and across the street, "Did you have fun today?"

"Yes!" Ellis exclaimed, "Lucas and I played superheroes!"

I smiled, "Did you beat the bad guys?" We stepped onto the sidewalk on the other side of the street, and slowly walked towards the gazebo and fountain.

"Always do mommy! He smiled up at me showing his missing tooth

"Rey?" I froze hearing that voice. "Raynlee?"