Verbos Reflexivos

(Some of the following is copied from https://www.spanishdict.com/guide/reflexive-verbs-and-reflexive-pronouns and I made it a bit shorter for a bite sized lesson. They have pronunciations, practice and more examples in there!)

What are Reflexive Pronouns?
"A reflexive pronoun (pronombre reflexivo) is used as part of a reflexive verb (verbo reflexivo) to indicate that someone or something is performing an action on or for itself."

Examples
Se hablaba - he was talking to himself
Me veo en el espejo - I see myself in the mirror

Matching Pronouns
"When the object of the verb is the same entity as the subject, you will need to use a reflexive pronoun that matches the subject of the verb in both number (singular or plural) and person (first, second, or third). In the first table below, you'll find the different forms Spanish reflexive pronouns take."

Examples

Pronoun - Matches with
Me - yo (I)
Te - tú (You)
Se - el/ella/elle/ellos/ellas (he/her/them)
Nos - nosotros (we)

"The reflexive pronoun will always be the same number and person as the subject of the sentence. Reflexive pronouns have the same forms as indirect object pronouns, with the exception of se, which is used instead of le and les for the third person."

Me lavo
Te lavas
Se lava (singular)
Nos lavamos
Se lavan (plural)

"You can also add reflexive pronouns to verbs that are not regularly reflexive in order to make them reflexive."

Examples:
Verse (to see oneself)
Hablarse (to talk to oneself)
Escribirse (to write to oneself)

When are they used?
"Reflexive verbs can also be used to indicate an emotional response to something. When a person becomes angry, sad, happy, etc., you can express this by using reflexive verbs. Reflexive pronouns can also be used to add emphasis to a seemingly regular situation. In these cases, the reflexive pronoun is not normally translated directly into English, but it often adds a sense of doing something more completely or thoroughly."

Placement
Reflexive pronouns are placed immediately before simple conjugated verbs and negative commands.
Ex: no te pegues (Don't hit yourself)

Reflexive pronouns are attached to the end of affirmative commands. For compound verbs like the present progressive, the pronoun can either be attached to the end of the infinitive or present participle or go before the conjugated verb
Ex: Quítate el sombrero (take off your hat)