Chapter 11

Tris P.O.V

Tobias will be here In 1 hour for dinner and Im shaking with nervousness. I just hope nothing goes wrong. I take a deep breath and head to the kitchen to make our dinner.

I'm making an Italian soup that is so delicious. Its called 'Zuppa Tescana'.

* * *

By the time Tobias knocks on the door I already have bowls served and lemonade poured. I open the door to see a smiling Tobias with pink roses. I smile and give him a short kiss.

I grab his hand and lead him to the dining room. We take our seats and he takes a bite of the soup while I put the flowers in a vase and set them in the kitchen.

"Tris this soup is amazing!" he says, I smile.

"Thank you."

After about five minutes of eating I excuse myself and rush to the bathroom, I barf.

After I finish I use mouth wash and wash my face. I look in the mirror and see that my eyes are getting dark again. This isn't good. I take a deep breath and walk out.

"Everything okay?" Tobias asks, his eyebrows scrunched in concern. I nod and fake a smile.

* * *

When we finish eating I pull him into the living room. I take a deep breath as we sit on my couch.

"Everything okay Tris?" he asks. I shake my head as sobs rack my body. He wraps his arms around me

"Tris. I need to tell u something." I nod and he looks at me,

"I think I love you." ad soon as those words come out of his mouth I remember what I told him on my 4th day at my job:

Flashback:

"So we share an office now. Fun. Any rules you have Trissy?" Tobias asks. I take a deep breath and say,

" I have one rule."

"And what is that?" he asks, smiling.

"Don't fall in love with me." his face falls. And I look at me feet.

End of flashback

"I told you not to fall in love with me." I say, holding back more tears.

"I'm sorry Tris but I can't. And Why?"

"Because, I don't want to hurt you!"

"How would you hurt me?" he asks, calmly.

"Because there's something wrong with me. Something that I can't fix."

"What do you mean?"

"I have luchemia." I look at him, tears streaming down my face.

"Y-You...what...?"he asks, his eyes glossy.

"Ive had it for 2 years and I can't afford treatment."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could've helped pay for it, Tris!"

"That's what I didn't want!"

"You dont want to live?" he asks, anger and sadness in his eyes.

"I do but I don't want to make any extra people miserable. That's why I didn't transfer to dauntless, I knew that with my condition I couldn't make it through initiation." I say, sobbing.

"You should've told me." is all he says before walking out the door.

THIS IS SO SAD. UGH. IM SORRY.