01

Chapter One;                           
French Mongrel

From her beautiful lavish home in Paris, France to a new one in Avonlea Canada;
Dakota travelled across the seas with her mother and siblings in hopes to finally find peace in the small town.
She was true grief for her mother, always bringing unwanted attention and trouble, not just for her family but for herself.
She was flirtatious and outgoing in a sense, her looks really didn't help the matter either;

Her dark raven hair that once flowed down to her hips before she snipped it to her shoulders; her sea blue eyes shone brightly in the sun, pale skin as light as milk and light freckles splattered her nose.
The ruby red paint that was splashed over her lips made the natural blush of her cheeks flair.
She was truly gorgeous.
The French had a true way with enhancing beauty;
Not that she wasn't a true French beauty without enhancements.

It was her first day at the small school house of Avonlea and Dakota was screaming to get into mischief, even against her mothers better wishes.

As she entered the small school house, Dakota took a deep breath in,
The smell of dying wood and chalk dust  surrounded her and it was like she could feel the mischief rising.

~
"Dakota Jones I presume"

A tall man with a rather large mop of brown curly hair stood at the front of the classroom, leaning against his desk, ankles crossed.
I assumed he must have been the teacher, at this point everyone was staring at me as I stood at the back of the classroom..

"Well? Take a seat then child!"

Slowly and cautiously I looked around, a seat at the very back of the classroom on the obvious girls side was not taken so I made my way over,
A tall blonde with the darkest brown eyes was sat next to me, she was quiet when I sat, full doe eyes for the teacher..
she seemed smitten for him;
She was smitten for him.

Almost everyone had returned to looking at their slates, almost.
A blonde boy, sitting casually in the middle few rows was staring at me, he looked like a wounded pup.

I had found my target for mischief.

"Dakota Jones"

The blonde girl looked at me, I held my hand out for her to shake.

She looked at me as if I had grown another head,

"Prissy Andrews.."

She said whilst rejecting my hand, she stared at me for a few seconds before continuing her work,

"Why do you wear pants.. you are a girl? Are you not?"

I hadn't even realised my appearance.. I must look atrocious to her, pants and boots instead of what must be the casual dress code for the girls of these parts.. but I couldn't help my attitude.

"Why do you wear a dress?"

She scoffed, almost choking on her own saliva,

"Girls are supposed to wear dresses."

She looked to me again,

"They're comfortable..

Who is that?"

I said pointing and pouting at the blonde boy who was no longer staring at me,

"What are your intentions?"

A low chuckle escaped my lips before I could stop it,
A smirk appeared on my face;

"Why? Do you have dibs? Prissy."

Instead of attitude this time her face pulled up in a disgusted manner,
"That's Billy Andrews. My little brother."

Suddenly I felt ridiculous, how was it not obvious, they looked so similar.

"He's just cute I guess"

Prissy smiles genuinely this time,

"Don't even try, he will probably call you something nasty to make you hate him.. Billy is a lost cause to the females in Avonlea"

~

Mr Philips had dismissed the class for lunch and before I could even blink Prissy had run off with her friends.
I had learnt a majority of names but wasn't sure who to approach so I decided to eat by myself; Which I add, did not last very long at all,
The small red head known as Anne and her friend Diana had sat down beside me before I could even swallow the first bite of my cheese sandwich..
soon all of the younger girls were sitting with me.
It seemed so casual, they all just sat down in front and around me eating their lunch.

"okay?"

"You looked lonely and lonely is such an awful thing to feel.."
The small redhead had said, she was right.. it was an awful thing to feel, but I did not feel it right now.

Tillie was next to speak to me, such a small timid voice she had.

"You're awfully beautiful.."
A small blush rose to her cheeks and she looked back at her food.

"Thank you. You are just as beautiful"

Before Tillie could even reply, Josie as I had learned snorted, a small chuckle released from her annoying face.

Everyone glared at her, myself included.

"You are quite rude Josie Pye"

Once more before she could even reply the boys had decided to join us,

"Says you.. you French mongrel"
Prissy was right, Billy was a lost cause to the females of this town... all except Josie it seemed, she looked at him lovingly and that was when I knew for sure, I was definitely going to be stirring up some trouble between the small town and all the adolescents that resided in it.