08

Chapter Eight Bleeding Out

Chapter Eight
Bleeding Out

Agonising screams rang through the manor as Mrs Jones pulled each bullet out; three bullets.
Two in the stomach in the same place and one in the shoulder,

The silver was burning her inside out,
Spencer held her legs, Billy held her arms and Jeremy had disappeared with Amelia to keep her away from the mess.

When all bullets were out she fell limp and for a few seconds Billy was scared that he'd actually lost the girl,
That was until she took a large breath.

It was extremely lucky Billy's Parents had left town for a few nights, his siblings had all wondered off to friends houses and now being eight pm if they were home they would have had his head.

"We need to put her in the bath, clean all this blood off of her"

She couldn't walk on her own, someone would have to carry her and help,
Both adults looked at Billy,
A few seconds and it clicked,

"No! I can't see her.. ya know.. it's not something she would like."

Spencer laughed,

"Have you not seen the grip she has on your hand? I don't think she plans on letting go.."

It took this idiot he despised to say something for him to even notice the death grip she had on his hand.. yet strangely enough, it didn't hurt.

Billy sighed deep before moving around the counter to pick the girl up,
She moved closer to him as if the proximity they shared already wasn't close enough.

It wasn't as hard as he had thought to carry Dakota up the stairs, she was so small but lighter by half.
It was no struggle getting to her room and into her bathroom.
Gwenth made her way up after and helped to undress her and fill the bath up with a perfect temperature.

For this, Billy did not stay.
Instead he waited in her room, not wanting to sit because of all the blood on his clothes. He just stood awkwardly in the corner and waited.

He hoped that she would be okay, he didn't know much about any of this.. what they were.. he wanted to ask so many questions but thought it rude due to the current predicament.
He would just ask Dakota when she was better.

"You need a change of clothes.. here."

Jeremy was handing him a new shirt and some pants, Jermey's clothes.

"Thank you.."

Jeremy nodded and walked away, it was a silent acceptance.
He didn't want to admit it but he liked this kid. Everyone else who had been faced with situations like this had bailed.. all accept Gwenth.

He knew deep down that he would be good for Dakota.
So far, Billy had shown that he could be trusted.. I guess it would be tested within the new month and the new moon.

Before Billy had any notice, he was sat on Dakotas bed, her leaning on him as she slept and healed.
The sun slowly rose along with Dakota and when she realised she was cuddled up close to the Andrews boy she could have jumped out of her own skin.

She could barely remember what had happened the night before but she could sure feel it.
She sat up slowly, groaning quietly as she stretched her aching sore limbs.

She turned to look at Billy, soundly asleep, you could clearly see the darkened circles under his eyes, but what Dakota didn't know was that he had stayed up almost the entire night, watching her sleep;
Making sure she was okay and comfortable.

Billy stirred in his sleep and slowly, casually opened his eyes..
A lopsided smile spread across his face like it was the most normal thing to wake up like this.

But his smile was really for her waking up in general and by the looks of things, okay.

"What are you staring at Andrews?"

His smile widened more,

"I'm just glad to see you're okay is all..

There was a lot of blood"

With this he looked away.
He was so confused on what had happened and what would happen now.

"Your brother said you may have to leave Avonlea now.."

Billy couldn't bring himself to look at Dakota, what little he had learned was a lot more than Dakota ever wanted to let on let alone help Billy understand when she said she was going to ruin his life.

This was far from what she wanted; it was too late now though, she had to explain herself.

"I guess you can ask me anything you like now.. I'll answer honestly"

This time Dakota looked away, fearing he would ask questions she didn't know how to answer, but she had to try.

"Where do I begin..?"

Hours had passed and Billy had asked every question anyone could ever ask,
Where she was born, how she was born, was she born or bitten he flooded her mind.. but she knew it helped him to understand.

Although the wanted to understand,
He realised.. Dakota herself was technically a wild animal.. something his father and him often tried to hunt.
There hadn't been wolves in Avonlea for years now.
He didn't want to hurt Dakota but if it was as easy as it had been last night then the pair were in for a rude shock.