10

Chapter Ten
Danger Ahead

He had been out in the woods, a peaceful walk just to cool down after the disagreement Prissy and he had.
Jeremy had grown so fond of her but his short temper and strong willingness to pick fights with the girl were making it hard to move forward in any romantic way.. in fact Prissy had no clue how romantic Jeremy wanted to be.. so, she had agreed to marry that stupid teacher at her school.
That's what the fight was about you see, Jeremy was at her door step, flowers in hand when she had told him the news.. that she was going to drop out of school.. not go to college and be a happy little house wife.
It's exactly everything opposite of what Jeremy had wanted for the small blonde.. All of that commotion made Jeremy storm off into the woods.

Three hours of walking around and he had finally come around to the little church where most of the town meetings were also held.
He could hear people talking and shouting inside and when he approached he saw a large group of the local farmers.. there they shouted and spoke about the sudden cattle disappearances and the loss of crop..
Immediately someone shouted wolves!
The older man told his story about being out hunting with his friends, seeing and shooting.
"I was positive I shot one! Massive beasts with fangs bigger than my fingers"
And that's how it starts. A wolf hunt.

The young man never ran home so fast in his life.. the farmer had been talking about the night Dakota had been shot, fighting with Spencer.
Now they were all definitely in trouble.
For the second time in two and a half weeks the back doors of the Jones household burst open,
"They know!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing.. Dakota speedily walked to her brother,
"How much..? do they know who we are?"

He was beyond parched with a throat as dry as the desert but that didn't stop him,
"They're blaming us for the missing cattle and all the missing crops.. we did no such thing though"

Mrs Jones sighed loudly,
"Atleast we got some use out of this one"
Dakota looked at her friend so quick she was surprised no whiplash came from it..
"What do you mean! We can't leave!"
Now turning her look to Billy who looked just as worried.

"We can't stay here if they're hunting the pair of you.. it's a full moon in two weeks and if we're still here it could bring more danger"

As much as she hated it.. her life long friend was right. It was too dangerous to just be around.. they had to figure something out.

There was way too much danger lurking in the woods that surrounded their home.