06

Chapter six
Your lips taste like strawberries and cream.

"What was that about Dakota?"
Jeremy slunk out of the shadows,
He had a weird way of giving people an oddly calming feeling but at the same time, for people who knew what he was capable of.. a bad one.

"Nothing Jeremy, just our neighbours being friendly is all"

Dakota never felt bad around her brother. Sure he was an asshole.. but they were family till the end.. she knew he was just trying to take care of her

"You know how important the full moon is! Three days from now..
You must break all ties with the Andrews boy or we will have to run again."

A sudden rage filled the smaller girl,
Her brother stood approximately two feet taller but he knew Dakota was the boss. Nothing and no one could change that.

But before Dakota could even say another word, the doorbell chimed,
Whoever was here was not expected and more than likely, not welcome.

The pair stared at each other before Dakota sighed and answered. Giving in to the silent argument.

Swinging the door open and staring right into the eyes of a Mr Spencer Dwight;
Someone who used to spend a lot of time around the Jones siblings, ALWAYS causing mischief and more unwanted attention than even Dakota herself could handle.

"Before you slam the door

"Before you slam the door.. let me explain"

Dakota had half the nerve to punch him square in the nose, she knew she would break it.. if only she could reach his nose.

"I'm sorry I left you in Paris.. I had to.. my father.. he was ill"

Spencer stumbled over his words but Dakota had heard enough,
She pulled him inside and slammed the door.

"Jeremy.."

It was like one more silent conversation and a quick nod of acknowledgement.

Dakota made up a spare room for Spencer and all arguments were settled for the rest of the night..
that was until Spencer had discovered the indoor pool and suggested a small party of course.

In some weird way he had met up with Prissy which led to her telling almost every adolescent teen in Avonlea about the small party that the Jones siblings would be hosting.

All must bring their swim wear she had stated.

By the time everyone had showed up and welcomed themselves inside and to the fancy indoor pool, Jeremy had pulled almost all his hair out..

He had watched Spencer getting chatty with Prissy and didn't like it at all. Not one bit.

"See Jer, I'm not the only one with attachments to this family"

Dakota's words rang through his ears on repeat.

He knew he couldn't be mad at her because she was right. He had grown too fond of Prissy Andrews and his infatuation needed to stop. It was too risky, not just for him but for her, if he even in the slightest lost his temper around her it could have been fatal.

Prissy had invited most kids from the school,
Anne, Diana and literally every other girl from the class.

Billy sat in the corner, swim trunks on. He couldn't take his eyes off Dakota, she sat on the opposite side, feet in the water,
Staring at her own reflection.

He knew she had better things to do tonight but their guest had taken it upon him self to distract her.

"Ya know, Dakota is truly a fantastic lover. Why aren't you staking your claim?"

Billy took his eyes off the little French girl and to the guest..
Spencer Dwight
His sister had informed him on everything he needed to know about this stranger.

"Lover?"

A chuckle escaped his lips,

"How do I say it? Sex.

She truly is good at it, has plenty of experience.. trust me, I know that from my own personal experience with her"

Billy watched him watch the girl he loved, he craned his head to one side and licked his lips as he did so.

That was when Billy had completely made his mind up, he HATED Spencer Dwight.

All he could think about now was Dakota with every other man she may have been with.. how he knew her lips tasted like strawberries and cream but how plenty of other people knew as well.