03

Chapter Three Boyish Thoughts

Chapter Three
Boyish Thoughts.

~Billy's point of view~

She had been so close to me, I held my breath and closed my eyes hoping she would disappear.
Dakota Jones has proven two things to me,
One, she wasn't afraid of me or anyone else and two, she was bold.
Bold shouldn't be something a lady should be.. but now I've learned, Dakota wasn't your everyday young lady.

Her presence made me nervous,
Around the other girls at school, I felt nothing.. not even really with Josie.. but Dakota, made me feel things I wasn't quite sure of yet.
I didn't want to know what they were, I didn't want to learn so I was going to ignore them and her; no matter the circumstances.

~
It had been two whole days and Billy had completely avoided Dakota. At school, walking home, at home and literally everywhere else in town.
But unfortunately, some things can't be helped.
Mrs Andrews had requested tea at the Jones manor and all children were to attend.
For some odd reason Mrs Andrews had it set in mind that the Jones children were the perfect influence on her own.
Poor Billy was going to suffer Dakotas wrath no matter what now.

When entering the enormous manor Billy still was amazed at all the modern furniture styles and designs.

The house hadn't been there long and to his knowledge it was built specifically for the Jones family.
Although there were more than enough rooms to fit most of Avonlea's families it only held the small family of four.

Dakota sat waiting on the stairs for Billy,
She had taken offence to him avoiding her and was beyond determined to get to the bottom of it,
Sure she knew it may of had something to do with supper those few nights ago and the close proximity they had shared but no boy had ever avoided her presence.

"come on Billy,
Let's go play a game while the others do their own thing"

Jeremy had taken a walk outside with Prissy and once more Amelia played with Jane in the nursery.
Both parents had taken up in the sitting room, tea and cakes were being served by the amazing house maids Ms Jones had taken in.

Now whilst everyone was distracted, Dakota had taken Billy's hand
(Which he pulled away at first)
But Dakota wasn't having that. She grabbed his hand again, firmly this time and marched up the stairs to her lavish bedroom.

Since Billy's last
Visit she had added more interesting things for him to stare at.

Butterflies.
Butterflies in glass cases, all
different sorts from all different countries.
Displayed on her walls,
It was truly something special.
She also had multiple insects, Bees and a little thing called a Christmas beetle from Australia.
The mixtures of animals and colours was exquisite.

Billy had noticed them the moment he was dragged into the room and the bedroom door was shut.

"You shouldn't close the door whilst I'm in here.. our parents will think we're up to something"

He said this while staring at a large blue and black butterfly in the centre of the girls collection.

"We're at the top of the house, they can come check if they like but I'm not doing anything suspicious.. are you?"

His attention was immediately drawn back to her.

"Why have you been avoiding me Billy?"

His jaw twitched and he held his weight on one leg, occasionally switching as if he needed to use the bathroom.

"You don't make me uncomfortable...

Just nervous... I don't like the feeling"

She stared at him blank faced for maybe thirty seconds before bursting out in laughter.
It was unbelievable. Why was she laughing?

"You're so much purer than I originally thought"

Laying down in the middle of her bed just like she had done those few nights before, but he didn't move, he just watched her, circling her room, looking at the new items she had placed casually around.

"I'm not as pure as you think Dakota.. I'm not some innocent little boy"

She sat up so quick spinning to look at him it was surprising she didn't have whiplash.

"Have you even ever kissed a girl Billy?"

"Yes of course I have!"

His voice came out deeper, almost like he was shocked at her question.. but her questions didn't stop there.. her bold personality shining brightly.

"Will you take your future wife's virtue?"

His eyes went wide and his cheeks red,

"O-of course! How else will I get sons to continue the family name!"

Silence for a few moments and a deep breath escaped him.

"Will you give your virtue away to your future husband?"

Dakota slowly made her way off her bed and casually walked around him, then to her desk.

"I don't have any virtue to give.. it was taken a long time ago."

A gulp was heard as Dakota picked up her sketch book and some pencils,

"You've been with a man before.."

He almost hesitated to say it, not to sound rude.. the both of them were only sixteen, nearly seventeen but it was still so young.

"Yes I have Billy, plenty of times.
When I marry, if I marry, my husband would have to accept that or find someone else to marry.."

She faced him, taking in all his appearance as if memorising it,
She turned her book open picking her sharpest pencil and began to sketch.
Dakota was truly an artist, within that time and the rest of tea she had drawn the tall blonde boy,
He stayed still even though he wasn't sure what she was actually doing.
No laughter or chatter, just deep breaths from the pair of them.

She captured his likeness so well he was surprised when she had shown him.

"I'm sorry.. for calling you those names at school... you aren't a mutt.. or a Mongrel.."

She sighed,
"I'm not a rat, I don't have the plague and I most certainly don't have any of the other diseases you may have mentioned.."

He looked at his feet, once again the feeling of nervousness over took his body;

"I'm sorry for calling you any and all of those things.. especially if they hurt your feelings"

So the two teenagers had agreed, that they would be civil towards each other.. school, home and anywhere else.