07

Chapter Seven
Just rumours

All Dakota wanted to do was curl up in her warm goose feather blankets and ignore the sun streaming into her window;
But that wasn't going to happen.
She had two days until the full moon to gather everything her bother and herself needed to make sure they could break their stupid curse.

The curse of the moon.

Jeremy and Dakota had full control over their abilities, but a long time ago a curse was laid upon them which made it extremely hard to control it on the night of the full moon.

And that is why she suspected Spencer had suddenly shown up.

In folklore, a werewolf or occasionally lycanthrope is a human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction.

Dakota had heard so many different myths and stories over her time on this earth as what she was..

Some were true some were fake,
Unfortunately the pair of siblings were both born the way they were.. a curse was bestowed to them at a young age which made them struggle but they planned to slowly work on a cure.

All this played on her mind as she rose from her bed.. approaching her window as she dressed into her regular pants and shirt she noticed an angry Billy approaching a very easily explosive Spencer.
What was this boy doing! He was going to get himself killed.

Dakota ran down the stairs of her home and straight out the back door to see it was already too late,
Spencer had turned and stood not far from a very confused and scared Billy.

Jeremy stood not far away
And when Billy saw Dakota running he shuffled to get up yelling at her to stay back and away.. but if she did what this clueless boy said, he would die.
She knew Jeremy more than likely wouldn't try to stop Spencer.

Billy continued to yell but before he could say her name again she bounded over him taking her own form,
Billy looked even more confused now.. he stood and watched like he was dreaming..
The large wolf, double his size stared back at him.
Her jet black fur shone and as Billy watched he wondered how no one else was seeing this.

Dakota stood protectively in front of Billy.
She was frustrated with him and sure he got himself into this mess but she wasn't going to let him die.

The growling tumbled through the air before the pair tackled each other into the woods; fighting and snarling at each other's throats.

"Come on. I guess you're in on the secret now.."

Jeremy walked off into the direction of the house..
too confused and afraid of what just happened, he followed.

*

Hours had passed and neither wolf had appeared.
Jeremy was getting restless..
Had Spencer actually overthrown Dakota..
she was powerful.. more powerful than he but it was still possible.

All these thoughts floated around his head, a very anxious Billy waited as Mrs Jones tended to the youngest Jones child.

"So.. are you all? Ya know.."

Jeremy stopped pacing and Mrs Jones stared at the boy,

"No. Our 'mother' here was once our best friend, still in a way is.

She poses as our mother.. Dakota and myself age a lot slower than regular people, meaning Gwenth here was able to grow and get married.. have children..

Dakota is the same age as Gwen.. twenty five..

I am two years older.. making me twenty seven,
Spencer is a year younger than myself.

We just look  a lot younger. We will always look younger."

Billy almost choked on his air..

"I kissed a grown women!"

Jeremy looked at Billy but before he could say anything about it Spencer burst through the back door with Dakota in his arms.

There was blood everywhere..

"What happened!

Oh my lord"

Gwen rushed straight to her 'daughter'
"What did you do Spencer!?"

He put the girl down on the table and began to lift the bottom of her shirt,

"Nothing. There were hunters.. I don't think they were originally after us but they had silver bullets.. we had made up over the fight and were running home but they shot her.."

Dakota cried out in pain, blood seeping out all over the table and floor.. two gunshots; one to the stomach and one to the shoulder.

Black oozed out like thick tar.
It smelt so strong..

"Billy!
Hold her down.. I need to get the bullets out.."

He didn't move for a pure second before racing to her side. This was not what he expected or signed up for when he decided he loved Dakota Jones but there was no going back now.