09

Chapter Nine
Secret Relationships

With Billy keeping Dakotas secret; the Jones family decided to stick around the small country town,
It had officially been two weeks and three days since the incident,
Dakota was completely healed now and was back to living her full life..
The full moon had passed and Billy was now completely and fully aware of the curse and the importance of keeping it hidden.

The pair had been keeping their relationship completely secret.. no one but Dakotas family knew about the situation between the two and had all also agreed to keep it secret.

Billy loved being on the wild side, he hung out with Dakota almost every night out in the forest before his parents called him back;
He wasn't used to being so close with a girl.. technically a women if he thought about her real age.
It was tough because she was so much older, she knew so much more about the world than he did.. he found himself learning so much more than he could have ever imagined;
All about the different moon cycles and which herbs healed and helped with what.

He also finally understood why Dakota herself was so closed off from the world and why she had such a temper.

Right at that very moment he watched her,
Angry at a canvas as he sat on her bed and watched her paint.

She was complaining about how the brush strokes didn't look right on her new canvas that had arrived from some far away place that Billy had never heard of.

It was truly entertaining and before he could stop himself he let a small chuckle escape his lips.

Dakota turned in a flash instant, like she had heard it before it even escaped his pretty mouth.

"You think this is funny, Andrews?"

The scowl on her face would have made others shy away in fear but Billy just smiled back at her before flopping down completely on her bed.
His peace and comfort had not lasted long as Dakota dived onto him and straddled him.

The pair had not 'sealed any deal' which had made how she was now, sitting on him, ridiculously awkward for the young boy.
He had expressed already how much she meant to him but small things like this made his face turn as pink as a flamingo.
She knew this.

Dakota loved to tease him in such ways because she knew he could never do anything back to get the same result. Or so she thought.

But that, would be something Billy would soon learn.

Now she watched him burn with blush before she pecked his nose and rolled over next to him;

She had never felt more like a teenager than she did now.
Small kisses and secret relationships was far from what Dakota normally seeked.

But she admired the boy and she loved even more how much hate she was receiving from Josie..

Billy's Love replaced any negative feelings though..
a small evil and hateful glance from the corner was not going to change her day or how she felt about the boy.

Nothing could change it.