Chapter Three

*Rosalee above*
-A couple of days later-

Sam comes downstairs as I and Rosie are eating breakfast.

"Good morning guys!" I smile at him.

"Well then..." he says and we both laugh. Kat comes downstairs after him.

"Hey, good morning gorgeous! Where were you when I woke up?" Sam asks. She looks nervous.

"I was in the bathroom," Kat says. I have a feeling I know where this is going. Before Rosie's mom told me she was pregnant she was acting weird every time I would talk to her, I could tell she was hiding a secret, that's how I know with Kat.

"You took a long time," Sam says suspiciously.

"Yeah, uh, before anyone else gets up I need to tell you something. So, here it goes. I-I-I'm pre-pregnant." she says. Sam stops what he's doing.

"No way. Where's the camera? Are you pranking me?" Sam asks.

"No, I swear on my life I'm not pranking you," she says. My mouth drops I look at Sam and he is still frozen. I look at Rosie and think about the day her mom told me she was pregnant, Sam is frozen staring at Rosie.

"We-We're going to ha-have one of those?" he says pointing to my daughter.

"Yes," Kat says cautiously. Sam starts to smile. He picks Kat up and spins her.

"Oh, My, God!" Sam says. Sam and Katrina were laughing and kissing when he stops spinning her and looks at me.

"Dude! How the heck do I do this?" he asks me.

"Honestly dude, you have to take it by the day," I say. Rosie looks at me.

"Where's mommy?" she asks. I didn't think she would ask this now.

"Uh, she is in a different place," I say.

"I want to see her," she says.

"Uh, maybe another time," I say. She gives me an angry look then Sam looks at me.

"Dude, I know I have no business telling you what to do, but I think you should give her a call," he says to me. I think about it and nod. I pull my phone out I still have her number memorized. I dial her number.

"Hello?" she says.

"Is this Dakota? It's Colby," I say.

"Yes, I'm Dakota. How's it going?" she asks.

"Good! Uh, Rosalee wants to meet you. Would you be willing to come see her?" I ask.

"Uh, I mean, sure!" she says.

"Yeah, uh, when would you want to come over?" I ask

"Where do you live?" she asks.

"Well, California, LA," I say.

"You, know it's just our luck I moved out here a couple of years ago, so I can be there soon," she says.

"Oh, great, come see us I'll text you the address," I say.

"Great, see you soon!" she says. She hangs up. I sigh.

"She is going to be here today, and soon," I say. I pick Rosie up and get her dressed. I hear the front door open.

-15 minutes later-

"Colby shes here!" Sam yells at me. I pick Rosie up and we walk downstairs.

 I pick Rosie up and we walk downstairs

*Rosalee's mom*

"Hey," I say. She starts walking towards us.

"Who is she?" Rosie asks.

"That's your mom," I say. Rosie holds her arms out in front of her.

"Dakota, uh, you can hold her," I say. Dakota comes closer and picks Rosie up.

"Hi, Rosalee, I'm your mom," she says. Rosie stays quiet.

//A couple of hours later//

Dakota has been here for a couple of hours bonding with Rosie. I think it's good for her, to see her mom. It was weird to not have to worry every second where she is. It's kinda nice. I played games until Dakota and Rosie come into the gaming room.

"Hey" I stood up as soon as they came in. Rosie ran to me.

"Can mommy stay longer?"

"I'm sure mommy has other things to do," I say.

"Yeah, uh, mommy needs to talk to daddy," Dakota says. Rosie runs over to Sam. Dakota and I go into the kitchen.

"What's up?" I say.

"Um, so, I have to go home I have other kids now."

"Oh? How many?" I ask.

"I only have two. My husband and I have two together." I felt almost hurt. I have no idea why.

"Wow! I can't believe your already married with two kids!" I say surprised.

"Yeah, my two are twin boys," she says.

"Wow, sorry I'm just so taken back," I say.

"No, I get it. When I tell people they have the same reaction, uh, I wanted to ask if I could have time with Rosie now. I want to spend more time with her." she says.

"Um, I think we would have to go to court for that stuff because you said when you gave birth to her you wanted nothing to do with, her," I say.

"Right. Honestly just visiting sometimes is good enough for me" she says.

"Yeah, you can come to visit her whenever you want," I say.

"Great! My boys are still so little. So, it'll be good to build a relationship with my only daughter right now." We both smile. She walks over to Rosie to say goodbye and leaves.

"I like mommy," Rosie says. I sigh. She has the audacity to just come in here years later and claim Rosie as her daughter, I roll my eyes.

"C'mon let's go play dolls." I pick her up and take her upstairs.

TO BE CONTINUED...