Chapter Four

Colbys P.O.V

I woke up with Rosie in my arms, I felt the peace and serenity flood in. Thoughts rush in and swarm my head.

Is this the cost of being internet famous and having a kid?
What the hell were you thinking of bringing your kid up like this?

I stand up. Rosie moves a little, but settles in immediately. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. Sam is sitting down with a cup of coffee.

"I didn't think you'd be up..." I say.

"Yeah, I've been thinking...a lot." he says.

"About?"

"How Rosie got taken. How'd that feel?"

"Uh, like a part of me was dying." I say.

"Hmm, I-I just don't think I can handle that. You know?"

"Yeah, it was scary." my mind goes back to when she got taken. I can tell that Sam is freaking out.

"Dude, don't worry. It was scary, but, there is always a lesson to learn in every experience we have. And for me that was to not let my daughter go too far out of my sight, and never assume that nothing bad could happen." I say. Sam just nods. I pour myself a cup of coffee, and sip it while Sam is coming up with another question to ask.

"Dude, I can't do this. I can't be a dad!" he says. I nod.

"That's what I thought too...but you never really know what to expect until your in full swing of this parenting thing." I say. Kat comes down the stairs.

"Hey babe!" she says. Sam straightened up.

"Hey babe. How are you feeling?" he asks.

"Good, what were you and Colby talking about?" Sam looks at me.

"Uh, we-" Sam starts.

"We were taking about how to raise a kid, and stuff like that. He just needed to talk to me." I say. Then I hear Rosie yell.

"DADDY?!" I put my cup down and glance at Sam who was freaking out at that, and run upstairs. I go to my bed where she was.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. Did you have a bad dream?" I ask. She nods her head with tears rolling down her cheeks. I wipe them away. She lays her head down on my lap I relax knowing I'll be here for a while.

I would do anything for her....

She is the only light in my life besides Sam. But Sam is growing up and moving on. I depend on the presence of Rosie everyday of my life. Rosie is my life, she is my motivation, my breath. Rosie sits up.

"Daddy can I go eat now?" I hear her stomach growl.

"Of course" I say.