Chapter Eight

-Colby's P.O.V-

"I wish that I spent every day with you," I said.

"Me too," Elias said. I turn to Dakota.

"I understand why you would keep him a secret, I just wish you told me that he existed and we could have worked out how I could see him. I just don't understand why you couldn't tell me he existed."

"I know you don't understand. I couldn't tell you because..."

"Hey, guys lunch!" Dakota's sister said. We go into the kitchen and eat lunch.

"Can you tell me why you couldn't tell me?"

"Okay, my family shamed me for having a kid so early in my life, and to punish you for getting me pregnant they forced me not to tell you. But then we had Rosie and they couldn't make me not tell you. That would be two kids kept in secret. And I hated the idea of that." I was speechless. I started to cry.

"It's my fault. My fault that I couldn't see my own son!" I was in blind anger, I stormed away from the table. This was all my fault. If I'd been more careful this wouldn't have happened. It's all my fault. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Colby...it's not your fault," Dakota said.

"Yes! Yes, it is. If I'd been careful and not gotten you pregnant, I would've had a chance to raise my kids! MY KIDS. We were too young and naïve." I was starting to get a headache.

"This is on both of us. We're his parents. We failed to raise him."

"I want him at my house. We can do what we do with Rosie, but together. I think he should be with us now. Not that your sister isn't doing a great job. She is. But he can be with us now." Dakota nodded.

"Okay." We walked back into the kitchen.

"So, Elias, do you wanna stay with me tonight then go to your moms?" I asked. His face lit up.

"I can stay with you guys now?!" He was so excited. He hopped off his chair and ran to his room to pack.

"You knew that one day this was going to happen," Dakota said to her sister.

"It's like, he was my own."

"I know but we are his parents and we want him back."

"As you should, it's just a little hard." She said tearing up. Dakota hugs her.

"Yeah, I know." Elias comes back with a bag packed, it was overflowing with clothes and he had a big grin.

"I'll bring the rest of your clothes and things to your mom and dads." Dakota's sister said.

"Okay!" She gets up and hugs him.

"See you later little man" and leaves the room.

"Well, you ready?" I said. We head back to my apartment.

Once we're back I take him up to my apartment.

"Are you ready to meet your sister?" I asked. He nodded. I open the door and Astrid and Rosie are sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"Hey, guys! Look what the cat dragged in!" And Elias stepped forward. Astrid got up and walked over.

"Hi, I'm Astrid, nice to meet you..."

"Elias."

"Elias. Welcome to the family." He smiled and they hugged.

"Rosie come meet your older brother Elias," I said. She was nervous and slowly walked towards him.

"Hi, I'm Rosie."

"Elias."

-Two Hours Later-
At this point, they had become friends and were becoming brother and sister.

"Where is he going to sleep?" Astrid asked.

"Rosie's bed is big enough, I think."

"Okay, but that's a temporary solution. Long run? A bed for him? Is this arrangement forever?"

"I think this is forever, well until they go to college, but yeah a bed for him."

"We'll have to move! We are outgrowing this apartment fast."

"Why are you so worried?"

"I-I just wanted to make sure we don't outgrow this place too fast, we have a wedding in a few days."

"How about after the wedding we look, I'm making pretty good money, you are too, we have a lot saved, we can do it." She sighed.

"Good."

"What's wrong?" She looked guilty.

"I feel bad, you already have so much happening and you don't need this on top of everything."

"What?" I said worriedly.

"I'm-pregnant."

Hope you guys enjoyed it! Suggestions are always welcome! Don't forget to vote!  ~A