Chapter Seven: Starting New

Colby's P.O.V
One Week Later

"I'm so excited!" Rosie said. I go over to her.
"Me too." I say smiling at her. The door opened and it was Astrid.
"Hey Astrid!" Rosie says.
"Hi Little!" Astrid calls Rosie Little cause she's so small. I go over to Astrid and kiss her.
"Can you believe in two days we'll be husband and wife?" She smiles.
"Ew! Stop it!" Rosie says laughing. I smile and kiss the top of her head.
"My girls." I say smiling, my hand on Rosie's head and my other on the small of Astrid's back. I'm so excited for what's to come, I have so many dreams for me, Astrid and of course Rosie. I want Rosie to have siblings, even if they aren't full. My phone rings. It's Dakota.
"Hello?"

"Hey, so I have to come clean."

"About what?"

"Uh, Rosie."

"What do you mean?" I say concerned, I left the room.

"Is she not mine?" I say tears welling up in my eyes.

"Look, Rosie IS yours but, there's something else." I felt a sigh of relief.

"Wait, what is it?"

"Well, Rosie, isn't the only one."

"Are you trying to say that I have another kid with you? How?" I say surprised.

"You know back a while, when we were in High School, when we were together, and I told you I was going on vacation for a couple months?"

"Yeah.."

"Well, um, I found out I was pregnant, and my parents forced me to hide it from you, so they took me to our cabin, and I was there."

"How could you hide this from me for so long?! Is it a boy or girl? How old is he or she? Where is the kid now?" I say angry.

"Well, he's a boy, and he lives with my sister, she has told him who his real parents are and about Rosie. I visit him as much as I can. He wants to meet you. He's 8 almost nine." I can't speak I think about how Rosie just turned seven.

"Of course I want to meet him."

"Okay. I'll meet you at your apartment at noon."

"Okay." I hang up and walk out to Astrid and Rosie. I turn to Astrid and she knows that something is up. She pulls me aside.

"What happened?"

"So turns out Rosie has a older brother, full older brother. And Dakota is coming here at noon to pick me up to meet him." She looks shocked.

"Oh my god Colby. This is great news!" I look at her surprised by her reaction.

"Colby this is good! I was worried that Rosie was going to feel alone with half siblings."

"Honestly? Me too." She hugs me.

Time Skip

A knock on the door. I answer the door. Dakota is there.

"Hi Colby."

"Hi. I'm ready. It's probably best if you don't see Rosie, she'll just wonder where we're going. Astrid told her we left. So let's go." I told her. She nods.

"Look Colby, I understand. I'd be mad too."

"No! You don't understand. You knew how much kids meant to me. I never wanted to have my kid raised by someone else. Even if that meant being a single dad. You betrayed me. Taking the chance I had of raising my son. MY SON." I said angry.

"Colby..."

"No! You know, I was really thinking we were on good terms, with no secrets. But you turn around and back stab me! You had so many opportunities to tell me. When Rosie was born? Before that? After that? But no you wait until he's almost nine. So forgive me for being pissed off." That silences her.

"I'm sorry." She says. We pull up to a suburban house. We walk up to the door. Dakota knocks. Her sister answers.

"Hey. Come in." We walk in. He's at the kitchen table.

"Wait, what's his name?" I whisper to Dakota.

"Elias" we walk into the kitchen. He turns around.

"Mommy!!" He yells and runs to her.

"Daddy!" He hugs me I hug him back. I crouch down.

"I wish we were together from the beginning."

"Me too." He says. I smile and hug him again.

-How are you guys liking this story? Let me know what you guys want to see or suggestions! Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to vote!- ~A