07 | it's a date, not marriage

seven
it's a date, not marriage.

AS SOON AS Selene and the rest of the Spellman's got back to the Spellman household, Sabrina confronted her aunt

AS SOON AS Selene and the rest of the Spellman's got back to the Spellman household, Sabrina confronted her aunt. And after a lot of arguing, Zelda told Sabrina that Sabrina's father made a deal with the Dark Lord; Sabrina's father could marry her mother as long as he signed Sabrina's name in the Book of the Beast. And of course, he did it.

The next day, Selene decides to skip school to help Ambrose hold a funeral service for the dead warlock.

As the service goes on, Ambrose leaves Selene to talk to deceased's ex-boyfriend, Luke. She can see that they're flirting with each other, and in all honesty, Selene can barely stand to look at them. A couple of months ago, Selene realized her relationship with Ambrose changed. She views him as a friend, but she has hope that their friendship might turn into something more.

But so far, it hasn't and she's completely oblivious to the feelings he has for her. He's terrified of the feelings he harbors for her, because it's like nothing he's ever felt before. But he knows that he could never make her happy in the long run since he's confined to the Spellman home. So he hides his feelings.

Just as Selene goes to excuse herself so she can head to her room, Nicholas Scratch walks into the house. Selene gapes once she lays eyes on him, wondering what he's doing here. The pair attend the Academy of Unseen Arts together, and are friends. They have a connection that would normally lead to more than friends, but neither of them has actually made a move.

Not wanting him to disturb any of the deceased's family, Selene makes a beeline for him, grabs his hand, and pulls him into the kitchen. "Nick, what the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you're doing," Nick confesses, staring at her in concern. "I heard about the trial and everything."

"Oh, I-I'm fine," Selene assures him. "But I've been better."

"I know just the thing that'll cheer you up," Nick declares, a grin finding its way to his face. "Go on a date with me tonight."

Selene is caught off guard by his decision to wait until now to ask her this. She can't help but smile, but knows this isn't the time to go on a date. "I'd love to, but-"

"No buts," Nick cuts her off. "It's a date, not marriage. If you don't succeed in getting your mind off the trial, then we can go back to being friends."

Selene heaves a sigh, knowing this is the last thing she should be doing. "Okay, but I have to be at the Church of Night by midnight."

"I'll pick you up at seven," Nick beams, pecking her on the cheek before leaving.
——

"So, who's the lucky guy or girl?" Ambrose questions, watching as Selene apply the last of her makeup. Nick didn't give her any details about the date, so she's wearing a simple black sweater and denim skinny jeans, an outfit she can easily wear to the trial later.

As soon as Ambrose found Selene rummaging through her closet for the heels she wears on every date, he figured out where she was going. And now, he's curious. He manages to keep a straight face, not wanting to give her any hint to why he really wants to know who she's going out with.

"Nick finally decided to man up and ask me on a date," Selene admits, successfully catching Ambrose off guard. His mouth drops open for a moment, but he manages to compose himself before Selene notices. He had seen Nick at the house with Selene, and couldn't help but notice their undeniable chemistry.

"Uh, well, it's about time," Ambrose mutters, watching as Selene pulls on a jacket.

"So, how do I look?" The girl questions, looking at him hopefully. "Is it too casual?"

"Not at all," the warlock shakes his head, admiring the strawberry blonde. "You look beautiful, as always."

"Thank you," Selene flushes, picking up her purse. "He should be here any minute."

And she was right, because as if on cue, Zelda yells from downstairs. "Selene, Nicholas is here asking for you!"

"And there he is!" the strawberry blonde exclaims, moving to leave her room before she stops in her tracks and turns to face Ambrose. "We'll talk when I get back, okay?"

"Yeah."

She gives him a reassuring smile before she leaves, going downstairs to find Zelda glaring disapprovingly at Nicholas. "If you don't have her back by midnight, I'll-"

"We'll be back by midnight," Selene cuts Zelda off with wide eyes, not having any interest in the eldest Spellman finishing that sentence. When she turns to Nick, he's gaping at her.

"Selene, you look stunning," Nick breathes, slowly taking in her nothing but average outfit. But to him, she looks breathtaking no matter what she's wearing.

"Thank you," the girl blushes. "So do you."

"Shall we?" Nick offers her his hand, which she takes. The pair mutter a goodbye to Zelda before rushing out the door, both feeling her disapproving look.

Zelda has always been protective of Selene, and hasn't approved of anyone she's gone out with. So it's not a surprise that Zelda doesn't approve of Nick.

"Ready to have the best night of your life?"

"You know I am."

UNEDITED