19 | harv, you need stitches

nineteen
harv, you need stitches.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" Selene whispers, searching for Harvey

"WHERE ARE YOU?" Selene whispers, searching for Harvey. The land just outside of the mines is full of paramedics, police officers, fire fighters, and family members who are searching for the men and women who had been working in the mines when they collapsed.

Selene found Sabrina when she arrived, and the pair were quick to split up to search for Harvey. Apparently, Harvey's dad made him start work at the mines, so Harvey was down there when the mines collapsed.

"Come on, Harv," Selene breathes, wanting her powers to help her out. "Where are you?"

And as she says it, she feels her powers take over. She lets them, and they guide her towards one of the many tents that the paramedics have set up. And sure enough, she finds Harvey in it. A nurse is beside him, cleaning the fresh cut on his head.

"Harvey!" Selene's face lights up as she lays eyes on her friend. She thanks the Dark Lord as she rushes over to him, throwing her arms around him. "Oh, thank goodness. I was so worried about you."

"I made it out in time," Harvey sighs, but while he should be glad he's alive, he looks terrified. "But there are five guys still in there, and Selene, Tommy's one of them. I need to go back in. I can't leave him in there."

Selene's heart drops as Harvey rises to his feet, wanting to go back into the mines to save his brother. But Selene knows she can't let him do that, so she tries to get him to sit back down. "Okay, just wait a second, Harvey. You're in shock."

"I gotta find my dad," Harvey insists, shaking with fear.

"Selene! Harvey!" Sabrina yells as her, Roz, and Susie run towards them. Harvey walks off, not even registering Sabrina's presence, so she runs after him to make sure he's okay.

"Is he okay?" Roz questions, watching them go.

"I have no idea," Selene shakes her head, all of her happiness from Nick and Ambrose quickly dissolving. "Harvey and Tommy were down there when the mines collapsed."

"Let's find somewhere to set up so we can start helping," Roz declares as her and Susie go find a place to set up their things. Selene stays in place, turning around to see Sabrina fighting with Harvey. After a moment, however, Harvey turns on his heel and marches into the mines, not caring that Sabrina is yelling after him. Selene feels tears welling in her eyes but when she hears Susie call her name, she wipes them away and goes to help.

But when she sees Harvey walk out of the mines, she rushes over to him. "What's happening?"

"It's not good," Harvey admits. "The borehole they're drilling to reach the survivors is too small. All the guys are too big. No one can fit through it, not even me. I tried."

"Let me try," Selene suggests hopefully. "I bet I can fit."

"No, I can't let you do that," Harvey shakes his head. "It's too dangerous. I want to find Tommy more than anything, but Sabrina would never forgive me if anything happened to you because of me."

Selene rolls her eyes, but once she looks down and sees that his hand is bleeding, she grabs it and examines it carefully. "Harvey, you need stitches."

"I'm fine," Harvey insists firmly, but Selene knows better.

"Harvey, you're not helping Tommy any by hurting yourself," Selene states, before gingerly pulling the wrap off of his hand. "If this were to get infected, you'd lose your hand. Come on, I'm gonna find you a doctor."

She lets go of his hand, and throws the dirty wrap away in a nearby trash can before she leads him to a nearby tent. They wait for a couple of minutes before a doctor comes over and stitches Harvey's hand up.

While the doctor is seeing Harvey, Selene slips out of the tent and stares at the mines in determination, knowing the protection charm on her bracelet would protect her from any falling debris. She grits her teeth before pulling the bracelet off her wrist, and putting it around her ankle so that it has no chance of slipping off.

She inches towards the entrance of the mine, making sure nobody's looking before she walks right in. The mines would appear dark, and scary to most people, but Selene doesn't find them that scary. She knows that she could kill anything she crosses down here with a single scream.

She follows the line until she comes upon a wall of stone with a small hole in the center. Selene feels herself begin to feel dizzy as the voices start again, but she keeps going.

"Dead. They're dead. Turn around. Now."

Selene does her best to tune them out as she approaches the borehole. She turns around and makes sure nobody's behind her, and once she's sure, she gently touches the borehole, muttering a spell. Within seconds, the hole is wide enough for her to crawl through, and she does so very carefully.

Once she reaches the end, she looks around only to find more darkness and rocks. She mutters several curse words before she sees a mining hard hat at the very edge of the pile of debris. She continues to look, but that's the only thing she can find. So she picks it up before crawling back through the hole.

She then makes her way back to the entrance of the mines to find a group of people staring at her in disbelief, muttering about how she had slipped into the mines when nobody was looking.

Sabrina, Roz, and Susie are at the front of the group, and once they see her, they run to her.

"Selene! What's going on?" Sabrina demands, staring at her friend in fear. While she was in the mines, Selene had gotten herself covered in coal, so she's very dirty, but the charm protected her from any injuries.

"Are you crazy?" Roz remarks, petrified for Selene.

But it's Susie who seems really scared. "Are you alright? You could've died!"

"I'm fine," Selene assures somberly, holding out the hard hat. "I could fit in the hole, but I didn't find anybody. This is the only thing I found."

"The hell's going on here?" Mr.Kinkle interrupts, marching angrily towards them.

"I'm sorry," Selene apologizes, handing him the hat as Harvey runs through the crowd. But once he sees the hat, he pauses.

"That's... thats Tommy's hat," Harvey breathes, turning to Selene hopefully. "Did we- did we find him?"

"No."

"Well, then, we gotta keep looking," Harvey rushes towards the mines.

"And we will. But not right now," Mr.Kinkle sighs, hurrying over to his son. "It's turning into a shit-show in there. The faster we dig, the more the tunnel collapses. We don't have the right equipment, but we're getting it tomorrow. We'll pick up again then."

Mr.Kinkle then turns to the crowd. "Thank you all for coming here, but unless you are an employee of mine or a rescue worker for the town of Greendale, I need you all to go home. Really, folks, thank you for the support. See you tomorrow."

UNEDITED