18 | why not date 2 guys?

eighteen
why not date 2 guys?

SELENE DIDN'T SLEEP much that night, so she laid in bed staring at her ceiling

SELENE DIDN'T SLEEP much that night, so she laid in bed staring at her ceiling. But when she hears a rock hit her window, she jerks awake in bed. She sits there for a moment, but when another one hits her window, she cautiously approaches it to find Nick staring hesitantly back at her. She forces a smile as she unlatches the window, pushing it open. "Nick, what're you doing here?"

"We need to talk... about the other night," he admits, pacing back and forth. His usually cool demeanor is gone, and replaced with one that makes Selene nervous.

"Okay, then," Selene nods, pushing the window open further so that he can use his transmutation powers to move from outside to Selene's room. "Hey."

"Hey," Nick smiles, kissing her gently on the cheek. "Sorry it's so late. Did I wake you up?"

"No, I haven't been able to sleep much since the feast," Selene grimaces, her stomach twisting as she thinks back to her father taking part in eating Mildred.

"Oh, are you okay?" his eyes widen in concern.

"No, but I will be," Selene assures, her smile widening. "So, maybe we should talk about the other night."

"Yeah," Nick nods, expecting Selene to start this awkward conversation. But when she doesn't make any move to, he licks his lips. "I actually had fun the other night with you and Ambrose."

"So did I."

"So, why not date two guys?" Nick questions, knowing how crazy it sounds, but he's dead serious. "I'm down with sharing."

Selene stares at him for a long moment before she laughs, think he's kidding. "You're joking, right?"

"Not at all," Nick shakes his head, making the girl stop laughing. "I know how you feel about Ambrose, but I also know how you feel about me."

"Okay, but isn't that like cheating on both of you?" Selene deadpans.

"Not if we're all together."

"But would Ambrose even go for that?"

"There's only one way to know. You should go talk to him."

"Nicholas-" Selene begins, not sure what she should do.

"Go talk to him," Nick insists, leaning forward and gently kissing her on the forehead. She hastily rises to her feet and walks to Ambrose's room, knocking on the door softly.

Ambrose opens the door, expecting to find Sabrina and is surprised once he lays eyes on Selene. "Oh, um... hey."

"Hey," Selene forces a smile. "I know we haven't talked since the other night, but do you want to now?"

"Sure."

"Okay, well, Nick just came over and he said that he's okay with me seeing two guys," Selene admits, not sure how she feels about Nick's idea. "You and him."

"Oh. Well, what did you say?"

"I told him you might not be down for that," Selene answers, uncomfortably taking a seat on the edge of Ambrose's bed.

He considers it for a moment, before he makes eye contact with her. "Well, it's not the weirdest thing I've ever done. So, what do you want to do?"

"I want to kiss you."

And without waiting for him to reply, Selene leans forward and presses her lips to his. Ambrose's lips melt into hers as a thousand tiny explosions go off in Selene's stomach, making her heart flutter. He brings her closer to him, threading his hands into her hair before he begins to trail kisses down Selene's neck. His right hand finds its way around her waist, while he uses his free hand to cup her face. Her eyes roll into the back of her head, and she lets out a breathy moan. Before she can let out another one, she guides him back to her lips. He then pulls her shirt over her head, throwing it across the room. The pair switch positions, and Ambrose gently pushes Selene onto the bed, moving so that he's hovering over her. He goes to remove his shirt, but before he can, Hilda throws the door of the room open roughly.

She rushes in, looking pale but is caught off guard by the scene in front of her. "Uh... um, sorry to interrupt."

Selene and Ambrose immediately jerk away from each other, embarrassed that she had seen them.

"Selene, there's been an accident down at the mines."

UNEDITED