25 | the tornado

twenty-five
the tornado.

"FATHER BLACKWOOD!" AMBROSE yells as him, Selene, and Nick burst into the Church of Night a couple of hours later

"FATHER BLACKWOOD!" AMBROSE yells as him, Selene, and Nick burst into the Church of Night a couple of hours later. At first, the trio had gone to the Spellman's house to consult Zelda, but Zelda and Sabrina were both gone. Hilda told the trio that Faustus had called a meeting at the Church of Night. "It is not the Dark Lord's wrath that has come for us, it's the Greendale Thirteen. We stumbled upon them in the woods last night. They were performing some kind of ritual. A summoning spell. They bore into our minds. Bewitched us. We're only alive because they wanted us to deliver a message."

"What message?" Faustus demands sternly. "Spit it out."

Nick and Ambrose then turn to Selene, who gingerly touches her bruising neck. "One of the witches told me that the Greendale Thirteen came back to bring death to Greendale. Last night, they returned to the mortal plane to summon the Red Angel of Death. The witches said he rides on the witching hour tonight."

"The Thirteen will knock down all the doors in town for him, and in his wake, the firstborns of Greendale, both mortal and witch alike, will perish," Nick exclaims, out of breath from all the running the trio had just done. Everybody in the coven begins to whisper fearfully, wondering what they're gonna do tonight.

"Silence!" Faustus yells, successfully quieting the coven. "You three have done well to bring this to us, but if it is the wrath of the Thirteen and their messenger of Crimson Death we face, I, your High Priest, will protect you."

"Protect us how?" A witch named Quinn asks, her voice cracking.

"The coven will gather within the walls of the academy," Faustus answers firmly. "Fortified, bound by our combined impenetrable magics, we will stand together until the blood-red horseman has passed through Greendale!"

Selene and Sabrina can't help but wonder about the mortals safety, buts it's Sabrina who speaks up. "But what about the mortals? The people of Greendale."

Faustus then rolls his eyes. "Let them run to their False God and gnash their teeth and wail, or whatever it is they do. Brethren, be inside the academy by midnight or face the Thirteen and their avenging angel alone."

Once Faustus dismisses them, Selene and the Spellman's walk back to the Spellman household. Once they get there, the group sit down at the table to talk about what they're gonna do tonight.

"Why would the Greendale Thirteen be angry at us?" Sabrina asks, puzzled by what the witches could've done to provoke the Greendale Thirteen.

"It's a bloody mess what happened to the Greendale Thirteen," Zelda sighs, smoking a cigarette to try to calm her nerves. "The most ignoble chapter of the Church of Night's history, but it is our history, and we cannot deny it. After the witch trails of Salem, all the witches in this part of the country were terrified."

"Trouble was brewing in Greendale, and mortals were identifying and arresting witches, including the original Thirteen," Hilda adds somberly. "And while they sat in their cell, the other witches met and decided the Thirteen would be sacrificed to appease the mortals' bloodlust."

"While those thirteen women were tortured and hung, the rest of the witches burned their poppers and buried their cauldrons," Zelda finishes.

"They were scapegoats to quell the rising witch hysteria," Ambrose comments as Selene rubs her forehead tiredly, hearing the voices screaming in her head.

"Save the mortals. Save them."

"The coven should've saved the Thirteen, but they were cowards," Selene remarks, making eye contact with Ambrose. "I want to be better than them, so I'm not going to abandon my mortal friends tonight."

"Neither am I," Sabrina quips, turning to Zelda. "And before you try to stop us, Auntie Zee-"

"On the contrary, I think we should all stay and protect the town," Zelda cuts Sabrina off.

"Really?" Hilda's eyes widen.

"I didn't expect that," Ambrose admits, gingerly taking Selene's hand.

"And why not?" Zelda questions. "The Greendale Thirteen were sacrificed so that the pack might survive. But we need not make that same mistake again. We are Spellmans, and she may not share the same last name, but Selene is one of us. That means we stand tall, with dignity and we do what's right. As your father always did, Sabrina. The mortals may be weak, but they do not deserve this grim fate. Doom has been unleashed by witches. It must be averted by witches."

"All right, but protect them how?" Ambrose raises a troubled eyebrow. "We can hardly be all places at once. We can't protect the whole town."

"We can if we can lure the everybody into one place," Selene smirks, forming a plan in her head. "Freshman year, I had to write an essay on tornados. While I was researching them, I discovered that in the event of one, everybody would be safest in the basement of Baxter High."

"That's a great idea, Selene," Sabrina's face lights up. "All we need is a tornado."

"That's easy enough," Ambrose remarks, plucking a sugar cube into his mouth before heading to his room to gather supplies.

Ten minutes later, Ambrose lays out a map on his desk, and Selene puts a bowl of water over it. Zelda then opens her mason jar that's spelled to cause a tornado. "Boreas, North Wind, I summon you."  

Hilda then opens her own mason jar. "Euros, East Wind, I summon you."

Sabrina then opens her mason jar. "Notos, South Wind, I summon you."

And finally, Selene and Ambrose open theirs, chanting in unison. "Zephuros, West Wind, we summon you."

As soon as Selene and Ambrose pop open their lid, the bowl full of water begins to shake. Sabrina then looks at everyone questioningly. "Is it working? How will we know?"

"We'll just know," Selene shrugs as the wind begins to pick up outside. And within minutes, the city's tornado sirens begin to wail.

Everybody then set their jars down, and Zelda puts a hand over her heart. "Pray to Satan the mortals heed the warning."

UNEDITED

author's note:omg the trailer for season 2 looks so good😍😍 i can't wait till april omfg