10 | the acheron configuration

ten
the acheron configuration.

THE NEXT DAY, Faustus interrupts the class that Selene's in

THE NEXT DAY, Faustus interrupts the class that Selene's in. Sabrina stands right behind him, so Selene can't help but smile, knowing her father placed Sabrina in the class.

"Forgive the interruption, my dear, but I have an addition to your ranks," Faustus intervenes, his eyes set on his wife. Lady Blackwood is Selene's stepmother and teacher, but they only ever talk to each other in passing. They had never been very close, not even when she realized she was pregnant with Selene's half-sibling. "Sabrina Spellman, my wife, Lady Blackwood."

"I've heard a lot about you, Sabrina," Lady Blackwood admits, shaking the girl's hand. "We've all heard a lot about you."

The Weird sister's chuckle, making Selene roll her eyes. She clenches her fist, using her powers to shut the Weird sister's mouths. Immediately knowing who did it, Prudence glares at Selene.

"I'll leave Miss Spellman in your capable hands, then," Faustus kisses his wife sweetly on the cheek before excusing himself.

"Now, Sabrina, can you sight read music?" Lady Blackwood questions, wanting to know how skilled Sabrina is as she hands the girl a book. "Just a verse or two, so I know where to place you."

Everybody watches curiously as Sabrina takes the book in her hands, looking over it for a moment before she breaks into song. "It's time we put our love behind you. Illusion has been just a dream. The valley of death and I'll find you. Now is when on a sunshine beam. So bring us the young perfection. For there I shall surely be. No clothing, tears, or hunger. You can see, you can see, you can be."

She hits every tone beautifully, and Selene can't help but smile proudly at her friend.

"She's good," Nick admits, leaning over to whisper in Selene's ear. His breath makes her skin tingle, leaving goosebumps. "You look beautiful today, by the way."

"Thank you," Selene blushes as Lady Blackwood turns on her heel, looking between Selene and Prudence.

"Selene, Prudence. I do believe you two have some competition, finally," the woman smiles. Selene finally lets her hand relax, letting the Weird sister's move their mouths. But Prudence doesn't say anything, she simply smirks.

The group is soon dismissed for lunch, and Selene ends up losing Nick and Sabrina. She heaves a sigh, grabbing her lunch box from her locker before heading to the cafeteria. She hears people whispering as she passes, but she's used to it. People always whispers when they see her, because of who her father is.

She's relived when she sees Sabrina sitting by herself, happy that nobody's made any rude comments. "Brina, there you are!"

"Hey," Sabrina greets. "I-"

She cuts off as Nick walks over, sitting down next to Selene. He grins at Selene, before glancing at Sabrina. Nick has been over to the Spellman house a couple of times, but him and Sabrina have never actually met. "Hi. I'm Nicholas Scratch. Nick Scratch. And you must be the infamous Sabrina Spellman."

"Yep," Sabrina nods, picking at her food. "So, what are you studying at the academy?"

Selene and Nick exchange proud glances. Both have all of the same classes, and their list of achievements is higher than most of the students their age.

"Conjugation. Demonology. Invocation. Ritual magic," Selene then leans towards Sabrina so that she can whisper. "And necromancy, but thats..."

"Hush-hush," Nick finishes for her.

"Oh, is it fun?" Sabrina raises an annoyed eyebrow. "Selene, your father isn't letting me take any advanced classes."

"I can talk to him about it, and get your classes changed easily," Selene shrugs, her face lighting up. "But hell yes, studying necromancy is so much fun. You have no idea what we've done-"

She cuts off as Prudence slams her tray down on the table. The three Weird sister's then sit down across from them, looking at the trio disapprovingly. "Sabrina, Selene, Nicolas, we're not interrupting, are we?"

"Yes, you are," Selene nods, afraid they'll say something rude to Sabrina. "In fact-"

"Uh, no they're not," Sabrina says at the same time, making Selene calm down. "Join us, please."

"Well, Sabrina, how are you enjoying the academy?" Prudence asks. "Is it like your other school?"

"Uh, Baxter High?" Sabrina deadpans, looking around the school. "No. Not really."

"You know what we heard? We heard you didn't want to take your dark baptism because you were in love with some mortal boy," Prudence retorts, making Selene roll her eyes. "Must be some Spellman kink, huh? Slumming with mortals? Like father, like daughter, right? Careful, Nick, or she'll cocktease you the way she did the Dark Lord. But it's not like Selene would let that happen.."

"Why do you have to be such a bitch all the time, Pru?" Nick huffs, narrowing his eyes at his ex-girlfriend.

"I don't know, Nicky," Prudence cocks her head to the side. "Why do you have to be such a warlock-slut all the time?"

"Can you stop acting like a such a fucking bitch?" Selene hisses, not in the mood for Prudence's crap today.

"And you," Prudence breathes, glaring at her harshly. "Selene, you may act like you're all so innocent, but everybody knows that you'd be with any witch or warlock you could get your dirty little hands on-"

The girl cuts off as Selene closes her hand, clenching her fists together so hard that her knuckles turn white. Prudence begins to choke, because Selene's using magic to choke her. The girl heaves for a couple of seconds before she mutters for the strawberry blonde to stop.

The other Weird sister's and Sabrina stare at Selene in shock, but Nick doesn't seem surprised at all. Selene is protective over her friends, and doesn't like it when people like Prudence are cruel to them.

Selene then let's go, and takes a deep breathe, suppressing the rest of her age. She then stands up, forcing a smile. "I'm going to talk to my father about Brina's schedule. I'll see you guys later."

She then heads to her father's office, taking a seat across from him. "I want you to change Sabrina's schedule."

He seems slightly surprised that Selene is doing it instead of Sabrina, but he knew Sabrina wouldn't like the schedule she was given.

"She didn't come here to study something she'll never use again," Selene declares firmly. "She should be in a conjuring class."

"I can't place her in conjuring without being sure she's ready," Faustus shakes his head. "It wouldn't be safe. For her, for you, or for the other students."

"So you should test her," Selene demands. Faustus heaves a sigh, before he walks over to his closet, pulling out a blue cube that she instantly recognizes. "Is that-"

"It's an Acheron Configuration," Faustus nods, handing it to his daughter. "It's a test of mental and actual dexterity. If she can solve it, she can join the conjuring class."

UNEDITED