Chapter10

I didn't think I was going to do it, but here is chapter 10! Woo I put up two chapters in one day, so I hope you guys enjoy!

(Thranduil's p.o.v)

I wanted to take a break from everything.

"Ada, what are we going to do about them?" Legolas asked me.

"Keep them here. We cannot let them reach the mountain," I said.

Legolas nodded his head.

"Ada?"

"What is it?"

"About Aranel…"

"What about her?" I asked.

"What are your feelings towards her?" Legolas asked.

I turned and looked at Legolas.

"I don't have any," I answered.

I got up and found myself walking toward the bedroom. I wanted to check on her. I thought for a moment. There was no way I had feelings for her. I noticed the door was wide open, and walked inside. Everything seemed untouched.

I looked at the doll and remembered Aranel asking about it. I just always kept it near, to remind me of her. I would never be able to forgive myself. I would always be a broken man. I picked up the doll and noticed the tear on her dress was fixed. Sighing, I put the doll down and looked for Aranel.

I didn't want her to get involved with me or my past. I am afraid. I should have never made her my wife because as much as I would like to treat her better I know I can't. No one can replace Gloridis, no one. I turned around, snapping out of my thoughts. I ran back to the room, grabbed her crown then ran to the gardens.

I saw Aranel sitting there.

"You are so predictable," I said to her.

She looked at me and gave me a faint smile. I could tell she was hurt.

"Put this on," I said handing her the crown.

"Why?"

"You're the queen," I said.

"Right," She said ignoring the crown.

"You're my queen," I said placing the crown on her head.

She touched the crown with her fingertips and continued to stare at the flowers. I joined her on the bench.

"Thank you for fixing her dress," I said.

"It was only a small tear, no big deal," She answered.

"It is for me."

"Who was that dwarf?" She asked me.

"Thorin Oakenshield," I told her.

Once I told her the name it seemed to click in her brain.

"You should know all about the history between the elves and dwarves."

"I do," She said holding her head down. "And I support you."

Hearing her say those words made my heart skip a beat.

"Good," I said. "It's not like you have a choice."

"I wonder if I hadn't married you…" She said.

"Then I would be happier," I said trying to cover the hurt she just caused me.

She glared at me.

"Then so would I," She answered.

As I got up she grabbed my hand.