Chapter13

"Please, I brought it all the way here," She said.

I looked at her and shook my head.

"Sorry but tea makes me sleepy and Thranduil said I shouldn't fall asleep," I said.

I felt bad that she did bring it to me and I couldn't drink it, so I lifted the cup and pretended to drink some, just letting it touch my lips and pretending to swallow.

"It's good, thank you," I said.

She smiled and left the room. I was still tired, so I just closed my eyes, tapping my finger against the bed so I would stay awake.

(Thranduil's p.o.v)

"My King, Aranel just fell asleep, she is resting now," A servant said to me.

"Didn't I tell you not to let her sleep?" I said running towards her room.

I swung the door open and saw her lying there with her eyes closed.

"Do you not realize she could enter into a comma or have a head injury?" I asked, already frustrated.

The servant looked clueless.

"Who let her sleep?" I asked.

"I do not know, but her teacher was the last person in here," He answered.

I walked out of the room and looked for her. Finally, I ran into her, trying to leave the palace.

"Where are you going woman?"

"Your highness," She said bowing.

"Don't play games with me," I said walking up to her.

She had a mischievous grin on her face.

"What have you done?" I asked.

She continued to smile and it made my stomach churn in disgust.

"Nothing but I'm afraid I must go, but trust me I'll be back," She said.

"Guards, lock her up," I said.

They grabbed her and took her away. There is something off about her. I walked back to the bedroom and looked at Aranel. I noticed her tapping her finger against the bed. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Open your eyes," I said.

She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"If you heard that I thought something happened to you, why didn't you open your eyes sooner?"

"Just to make sure," She said.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Nothing," She said.

"Do not sleep for another hour, then you can close your eyes," I said.

"Were you actually worried about me?" She said.

I turned to look at her.

"No, but I need you to be awake. We have matters to see to," I said getting up.

I couldn't help but feel pain looking at the sadness in her face. It was true I was worried about her and didn't want to see her hurt, but I was hurting her by keeping her around.

"Aranel, after a while you are free to leave," I said.

"What?" She asked.

"I wouldn't need you around," I said walking towards the door.

"Stop, don't say things you don't mean," She said.

I didn't want to get into an argument with her because it had already been a long day.