Chapter 16:Familiar Beliefs

Disclaimer:I don't own Naruto,Boruto or any characters in the series and ODSTs are belong to 343 Industries.

Chapter 16:Familiar Beliefs

Enjoy!

Boruto's peaceful slumber was disturbed by a loud sound of thud nearby him.With instinct kicking in he hurriedly grip his sword and jumped out of his bed,eyes scanning his surrounding for any anomaly of attack.

Instead,he found Sarada staring at him from her bed with a towel wrapped on her head and eyebrows raised.

"What the hell?" She muttered,still looking at him with a bewildered look.

Boruto blinks twice before his gaze shift toward the position where he supposed the sound was emanating from,his blue eyes landed on a particular object sprawled on the grey floor and he can't help but groan upon realising what it is."Really?!"

"I'm the one who supposed to ask that,you know?" He heard Sarada scoffed "Try to wrap your things to where they belong after you used them and maybe you won't have this trouble"

"No probs,miss perfectionist" Boruto replied sarcastically,retrieving his scroll from the floor and plopped it inside his backpack with one swift motion."Every boys are like this so deal with it"

"Mitsuki is not" she countered calmly,unwrapping the towel off her head before folding it neatly and slung it to her bedpost.

"Well..." he trailed off,glancing toward Mitsuki's empty bed."Mitsuki is...Mitsuki is different.He is one of those kind who always have their things neatly arranged even to the smaller details" he reasoned "Dad once told me Uncle Sai was a bit like him in his youth"

"Are you Implying Mitsuki would fit to be an ANBU like Uncle Sai was?"

The blond infront of her frowned "I guess so...Mitsuki is kind of different with any of us in term of expressing emotion and based on what Master Sasuke said it was one of few traits ANBU require"

"Said the guy who nearly loosed his charm" he glared at her and she can't help but chuckled "What about you though?"

"Huh?"

"What about you? Do you think you won't fit as ANBU?" Sarada query with a genuine curiousity tainting her tone,leaning forward.

Boruto pondered her question for a moment,while the ANBU force will definitely could get use of his power and skill he found it hard to pictured himself as one,from the way they fight and their main speciality of mission which is none other than intelligence unit to how strict their rules were he never been able to keep up with them.No matter what he just can't get along with the life as ANBU.

Sarada stared at him tentatively,the way his brows furrowed together told her he is in deep thought.She understand the question is important for the future of their Team,while she completely aware that their Team won't last forever at least she will get a knowledge on where her teammates will go the rest of their Shinobi carrier after it was disbanded.

Her train of thought however stopped the moment she noticed a grin blossoming on his face.

"I am so stupid!" Boruto exclaimed between chuckles.

"Glad you finally noticed"

"No-wait...agh!...Listen!" He stared her on the eyes with determination."I've been thinking so hard that I failed to notice what is infront of me.To answer the first question,no,I don't think I will join ANBU nor do I think I will fit as one" his grin grew bigger "Don't you remember my dream is bigger than being an ANBU?"

"That is still far,Dobe" Sarada pushed her glasses up to the bridge of her nose,fully aware with what dream he was talking about."I meant what you want to be on your Jonnin day?"