Chapter 17:Where everything goes down

Disclaimer:I don't own Naruto,Boruto or any characters in the series and ODST is belong to 343 Industries.

Credits of the picture goes to Junebu.art (Twitter)

*!GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AND MISSPELLINGS AHEAD!*

Chapter 17:Where everything goes down

Enjoy!

Constant shook and steady hum of the SUV they ride on have been their companion since they left the palace half an hour ago,other than those nothing but silent exist amongst them.

Sarada tried her best to not dwell on it,keep saying to herself it was because everyone is deep on edge,expecting their radio to crack on and scream of battle and explosion coming from it.

Their briefing clearly said an attack is imminent,last night the King was notified by his Intel Division,saying they intercepted one of those signal again.It was stupid to carry out the mission,if given choice Sarada would rather gather more information about their opponent and neutralised the threat first,but alas she has no privilege and right to judge the King's decision and decided to keep her mouth shut.

So it was not just stupid,It was frustatingly stupid.

She sighed and leaned her head back on the head rest of her seat,feeling the shook of the vehicle once more.It was a bit snowy today,and undoubtly a storm is about to rage on,not to mention their visibility has been reduced by fog,once again another perfect factor to do an attack.

And here is another fact,on our left is a cliff! Hahaha just my luck.I hope I will not have to dive down.

A solid knee hit her right thigh,pulling Sarada out of her thought,she shifted slightly to make more space but an elbow on her right arm sent her annoyance sky-high."Boruto! Stop moving,you moron!"

"I-I can't!" the blond stuttered,scared for his life.He know Sarada for a long time and that mean her traits and tendencies,and right now she mean business."Can you move aside more? This sword of mine keep poking on my back and I need to take it off so-" a glare from her made him stopped.

This time he is not only scared for his life but also his slow and painful death.

Being punched by Sarada is one thing,being punched by Sarada while he is in so close range with her without any mean of counter action and limited movement and space of SUV is another different one thing.He just wish Mitsuki would be smart enough to use Body Flicker and save himself or else...well,let's just say instead of one deformed body there would be two.

So when he saw her hand moving toward him he closed his eyes tightly,bracing for one of the most painful demise to hit him.Images after images from his memory where he saw his raven haired teammate punching their enemies to nothing but bloody pulp rushed in his head,he always winced whenever he recalled one but now he doesn't even have the will to move a muscle.

The last flash of memory in his head was exactly their first mission as team 7,the one where Sarada smashed a bulking bandit with her punch.It was not the first time they did combination jutsu together but it was the most memorable one,he still remember how he sulked about her monstreous strength and how it will be the death of him one day.

He thought it would never happen.

And so does she.

A tug under his dark cloak motivated Boruto to crack open an eye before he blinked and fully open both of them,he saw Sarada leaning close to him,the tugged is none other than the rope holding his sword together being pulled slightly by Sarada as she tried to pry open the binding.