Chapter 4

1st of September 1991

Thalia was so glad that it was the first of September. Not just because she got to see her parents after two long months away at her uncle's manor, but also because today would be the day she met her cousin for the first time. After her mother had met him and explain the situation to the boy, she'd sent a detailed letter to Thalia explaining what had happened, how he looked far too thin in comparison to Dudley Dursley. She'd been informed by her mother that Harrison had a photograph of Theodore and her from recently so that he'd know whom to look for when on the train.

Whilst Thalia was excited, Theodore was nervous. As they had entered platform nine and three quarters, his father had pulled him to the side and introduced him to all the prefects in Slytherin; telling Theo that they would be sending regular letters to his father about himself and Thalia, so there would be no privacy away from home. Theodore was angry at his father but knew better than to say anything, fortunately for him, all his bruises had faded enough that they didn't ache when he moved. Still, he dreaded his aunt's infamous hug of death that he most likely was going to receive shortly.

What Theo dreaded most wasn't the reports that this father was going to receive about him, but the reports about his cousin. When around his father, Thalia was meek and obedient - only speaking out when extremely furious. However, when she wasn't under her uncle's thumb, she was a wild child. She would climb trees, ride horses at an unladylike pace as well as not caring about her appearance. If it wasn't for her family's insistence, Theo was sure that she would not even bother to brush her hair. He worried that she would forget to take precautions around boys and end up either in an unwanted betrothal or in her closet for her longest time yet. He knew that he was going to have to warn all of his friends, he knew that Blaise and Draco would keep their distance and Daphne and Pansy could lead her away from making too many rash decisions out of anger.

He shook his head as his father began talking to Thalia and him.

"Now, I hope you behave yourselves and make sure not to disgrace the name of Nott while you are at Hogwarts," He abruptly stopped what he was about to say as his younger brother came back from putting their luggage on the train.

"Thalie, Theo, come here for a hug! Your mother just went to wait at the entrance of the station to help Harry to get on the train. He told us that Hagrid hadn't mentioned how to get on the platform," Her father rolled his eyes as he sighed dramatically causing her uncle to stare at him with undisguised disgust at his blatant lack of manners. At least there are no closets around for him to go in thought Thalia as she glanced between the Nott gentlemen in a barely masked worry. Theodore had obviously noticed her tense reaction to the eye roll and subtly held her hand in comfort as he tried to continue the conversation quickly.

"Why would he not tell Harrison how to get onto the platform, uncle?" Ezekiel Nott looked around before leaning forward, towards his daughter and nephew.

"Because Dumbledore probably has a Gryffindor family waiting to help him through to the platform who will spout a load more rubbish about how all Slytherins are evil while Gryffindors are gods." Thalia laughed at his analogy before frowning at the thought that she was to spend nearly nine months with an old manipulative man who could easily read her mind. Her eyes widened at the thought and she gasped causing all the men of the family to look over to her.