Chapter 11

19th November 1991

19th November 1991.

The weeks following the troll incident caused a lot of inner turmoil for Thalia.

On one hand, it was nice to know that everyone cared for her greatly, this was shown by the fact that they never left her alone, even after she recovered from her illness. If it wasn't Theo hovering whenever they left the dungeons, it was the boys constantly escorting her everywhere, Daphne implementing the group rule for the girls and Harry's constant guilty looks whenever he thought she wasn't looking.

On the other hand, it was frustrating to know that she had lost her privacy. She couldn't even sit in the common room without having someone come over to her to ask her about that bloody troll! The group rule forced the girls to never even go to the toilet alone as if the buddy system in Slytherin wasn't bad enough. Even Felix demanded that he came everywhere with her, not that he'd be able to do much.

There was the other fact that since Harry and Ronald had saved Hermione from that troll, they had become a blossoming friendship meaning that Thalia was unable to spend as much time with her friend. She begrudgingly admitted that it was good for Hermione to get some friends in her own house so that she didn't become a pariah but the fact that the boys leeched off her knowledge without giving her something in return really annoyed Thalia's inner-Slytherin.

One of the best things that happened in those weeks after the troll catastrophe was the howler Thalia's mother sent to Dumbledore. Thalia could still remember the exact wording and the expressions on everyone's faces.

*Flashback*

It was a week after the chaos of Halloween and Thalia had sent a detailed letter to her parents, describing everything that occurred - including the things that Hermione had told her. All her mother had replied was; Wait for it.

So, on the 8th of November at around half eight in the morning, whilst everyone was sitting in the Great Hall, Thalia spotted her family Screech owl, Talon, fly towards the teacher's table, straight towards the Headmaster. The owl was attracting a lot of attention due to the owl post time being over and done with about ten minutes beforehand as well as the fact that instead of the usual cream parchment, the bird was carrying a vivid red letter. Thalia and Theo smirked at each other before focusing back on to the Headmaster who was oblivious to the large owl flying towards him.

As Talon dropped the letter off in front of Dumbledore, he flew away before even acknowledging the old man to whom he delivered his letter. It was the noise of the howler hitting the table that drew Dumbledore's attention away from Professor Flitwick and he stared at the letter apprehensively as it began to smoke.

"Open it, Professor!" Shouted the Weasley twins in synchronisation, drawing the attention of every other student currently eating their breakfast.

It seemed as though Dumbledore didn't have a choice as the letter began shouting out a voice that was all too familiar to Thalia.

"ALBUS DUMBLEDORE, YOU ARE APPARENTLY ONE OF THE GREATEST WIZARDS OF ALL TIME, DEFEATER OF GRINDLEWALD AND MANY OTHER GREAT NAMES. YET YOU COULDN'T FIGURE OUT THAT THERE WAS A TROLL IN THE SCHOOL UNTIL PROFESSOR STUTTER-FACE FAINTED IN THE GREAT HALL. YOU THEN COULDN'T EVEN FIND THE TROLL UNTIL IT HAD ATTACKED FOUR STUDENTS, THREE COMING CLOSE TO DEATH. IF A GROUP OF THREE FIRST YEARS WERE ABLE TO FIND IT AND DEFEAT IT WITH MAGIC TAUGHT TO THEM THAT DAY THEN I'M SURE YOU WERE PERFECTLY CAPABLE UNLESS YOU DIDN'T WANT YOUR PRISTINE WHITE BEARD GETTING DIRTY."