Chapter 7

6th September 1991

6th September 1991.

Thalia sat at the table in the library, surrounded by a pile of books which all focused on one topic - healing. She glanced down at her at her wrist which had an array of red, purple and black bruises in the shape of a hand wrapped around it. She could still feel the helplessness and panic that she'd felt when she was being dragged out of the classroom only days earlier. It had gotten worse over the past few days but she dared not go get help - nobody, not even Ronald Weasley, deserved the wrath of her uncle or mother. Although, she'd choose her mother over her uncle any day.

None of the boys knew about the extent of the damage on her wrist, she didn't want them all going after Weasley again and losing even more house points. As a precaution, she'd sworn all the girls to secrecy under the threat that she'd get the Weasley twins to prank them if they dared to even talk about it outside of the safety of their dormitory.

A loud thud brought her out of her thoughts and she looked up to find Hermione dropping a massive book on healing spells and potions onto the desk.

"There's definitely going to be a spell to heal your bruise in at least one of these. If not, I will go ask Madame Pomphrey about a spell myself." Thalia's heart warmed at the strange friendship they had.

As she was a pureblood princess in the eyes of most of Hogwarts, she couldn't be seen beings friends with a muggleborn, lest she wished to incur her uncle's anger. So they decided to be friends anyway but kept it hidden in the depths of the library, where not many people strayed except the ultimate bookworms or desperate seventh years in need of a quiet spot.

"Thank you so much 'Mione, you're a life saver." The bushy-haired Gryffindor blushed and ducked her head at the compliment. She hid her head behind a giant tome that she was determined to read before their first potions lesson. Thalia took this as a signal to begin studying her current booking which, unfortunately, focused on potions and not spells. Not the most ideal situation as potions would take slightly longer, however, if completed correctly, they would be more effective in the healing process.

They sat for a good half an hour in silence, only breaking it for the odd suggestions.

"Hey, Thalia, there's this stone called a bezoar which will save you from most poisons."

"I hate to tell you Hermione, but I'm not poisoned. I'm also not going to eat anything that is from a goat's stomach."

"I'm sure you would if you were dying from poison."

"What's the chances of that though? The only person who is likely to try and poison me is Ronald and I severely doubt he could ever make an effective poison - intentionally." They both laughed quietly at that, careful not to draw attention to themselves, and they quickly fell back into a comfortable silence.

"Oh, there's a spell here, Episkey, that might work."

Thalia looked at Hermione in hope.

"Yes! It'll definitely work, it says here that it heals relatively minor injuries such as broken bones and split lips. This is perfect."