✖ 09

Mark was left alone in an empty room. The four corners of the wall felt like a prison to him. It was as if he was a detainee atoning for his sins. He realized his faults and the guilt is now consuming him.

He reached for his phone and quickly dialled Jeno's number without hesitation.

"Mark?"

"I-I...I need your help"

"O-Okay Mark relax I'll go there now"

"Thank you, Jen"

-

Jeno visited Mark in his room only to be greeted by a messy apartment. His things were all over the place and Mark looked like shit.

"Mark! What happened?"

"Donghyuck....I lost Donghyuck and it's all my fault. J-Jeno what will I do? He might--"

"Wait" Jeno cut him off and he was getting annoyed at him. "Mark, dont tell me you're cheating on Donghyuck this past few days?"

Mark was about to say something but he kept his mouth shut. "Donghyuck was acting weird when I saw him and he looks pale! Did you perhaps...cheat on him?"

Mark fell silent for a few seconds and clenched his fist tightly. "I did" He managed to say in a low voice and Jeno let out a frustrated groan.

"What the fuck Mark! You know Donghyuck suffered from depression before and now you're cheating on him!? Are you fucking crazy!? What are you a lunatic!?" The older accepted all the insults Jeno threw at him. It was true anyway.

"I know. I was an idiot for...for abandoning him. And I fucking hate myself for it. Ugh fuck what am I even thinking!?" He messed up his hair and angrily stomped his feet.

Mark broke the engulfing silence and said, "Jeno...I want him back"

The younger grabbed his collar and spat, "Fuck you, Mark. Donghyuck deserved better."

Jeno was about to leave him alone when Mark shouted his name. "Please dont leave!"

"Please...I need your help. I need Donghyuck back"

"I need him" His dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears and his hands clenched into shaking fists. Mark fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as his grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

"I really do"