✖ 13 FINAL

Donghyuck stood beside the river as he watched the strong current flowing downhill. He stared into the distance with sadness painted on his face. All he could do is watch the sky above to cheer himself a little bit.

Was this the right thing to do?

He asked himself and sat down the grass. Honestly, he didnt want to see Mark anymore. He just wants to disappear from this world and never return again. Maybe, dying from that forest back then was way better than what he is feeling right now. It feels like thousands of thorns are piercing his heart.

"Lee Donghyuck!"

Donghyuck turned around and saw the man he was crying for just now. The latter was out of his breath, his clothes were damped and disheveled. Donghyuck was surprised that Mark arrived too early.

"Mark? W-Why--"

The older approached him and quickly gave him a hug. Donghyuck felt the heavy burden in his chest disappearing.

"I'm sorry for everything. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness." Mark said with pure sadness in his voice.

"This is so unfair." Donghyuck replied while his voice cracked a little. Tears started to fall from his cheeks as he moved away from Mark's arms. He wiped his tears with his bare hands but it was no use. It just kept on falling. All the pain he had was converted into his tears.

"You're so unfair, Mark!"

Mark bit his lip. He was so guilty that he dropped from his knees and apologized to Donghyuck once again.

"I'm so sorry, Donghyuck. I'm really sorry."

"I don't know anymore. Why are you being like this, Mark!? After what you've done to me, you show up here and ask for my forgiveness! I asked you to come here so we could talk and finally end things between us but..." He cut off his sentence and took a deep breath as cold tears gushed down his ashen cheeks.

"...why are you on your knees? Apologizing and asking for my forgiveness! Do you have no shame, Mark!?" Donghyuck shouted in agony.

"Do you even value your pride!?" He slapped Mark and an unintentional whimper escaped his lips.

"Despite all those things you did to me...why..."

"Why do I still love you?" Donghyuck fell to the floor in a disheveled heap.

"D-Donghyuck..." Mark's lips trembled as he speak.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying sorry! Please just stop!" He covered his eyes but still continued to cry like a baby.

"I will always say sorry to you, Donghyuck. Everyday I am willing to apologize to you and do everything you want. I know that I am such a shameless person for asking your forgiveness after cheating on you. Even though I made a promise before that I would never hurt you but still...I did. Once again, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my attitude, my wrong doings and for not taking good care of you."

Donghyuck had wiped his eyes so much they were red and swollen. He took another deep breath and held Mark's hands.

"Pl-Please...don't hurt me anymore..." he pleaded in such a small voice.

Mark couldnt hold it any longer. He sniffed quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. The sound of Donghyuck's voice broke his heart. It was his fault for being an idiot.

"I won't. Never again." He replied and kissed Donghyuck's forehead.

"M-Mark..."

"Yes?"

"Please hug me."

Mark pulled Donghyuck closer. The younger placed his head on Mark's chest and hold onto him tightly. Mark gently kissed the top of Donghyuck's head as they embraced with such intensity.

"I love you."

"I love you too." And still longer they hugged until time faded away.

Epilogue soon...