✖ 12

this is a bit rushed so im sorry for the wrong grammars, enjoy :)

Miles away from the city here resides a small town. The population was only a hundred and the people living here are so mysterious. It is the place where Donghyuck and Mark met for the very first time. It was 13 years ago when Donghyuck has no idea who he was and why he was there by the riverside. He woke up as an empty nutshell, a kid with no memory at all.

Afraid of what might come at night, he ran towards the forest. It was a bad idea to stay in the dark woods late at night but he doesnt know where to go. There he met an arrogant brat filled with scratches on his face and knees. Donghyuck was too scared to greet him so the boy went closer to him instead.

"What are you looking at, kid?" The remaining light of the sun shone on his face and Donghyuck realized one thing, this guy is his savior.

"Do you even talk?" The brat was getting annoyed so he pushed Donghyuck off the ground. The younger whimpered when his knee was hit by a rock. The brat suddenly felt guilty and his face softened.

"A-Are you alright?" He stuttered, feeling embarrassed after what he has done.

"I'm sorry, I was just acting tough."

The kids tears stopped as he took a look to the other boys face. "You're really pretty." He whispered softly, so small that the other couldnt hear it properly.

Mark wore a confused face and changed the subject immediately. "Anyway, I'm Mark. What's your name?"

The latter hugged his knees while trying to remember his name but sadly he couldn't. His mind was filled with nothingness.

"I-I'm sorry but I don't remember."

"How is that even possible? Are you from somewhere else?" He sat beside the younger and asked him a lot of questions. "Do you have parents? Maybe, you're lost?"

The younger kid was taken a back so he moved away from Mark. "Hey! I'm not a bad guy." Mark protested and grab the youngers wrist.

"Come on, it's alright to talk to me."

Though the said kid still didn't reply. "How about I give you a name instead?"

The youngers eyes lit up and looked at Mark cheerfully. "R-Really? Can y-you do that?" He stuttered, still afraid to open up a conversation.

"Hmm, let me think."

"Oh! I know! How does Donghyuck sound?"

Donghyuck

What a beautiful name it is, the younger thought. He was so happy, he couldnt even hide his smile.

"I like it..." He mumbled while smiling a little.

"You smiled! You finally smiled!" Mark rejoiced and held Donghyuck's hand.

"You should also take my surname, Lee. It would fit you really well, dont you think?"

"S-Sure." Donghyuck replied shyly.

The two held hands while going back to Mark's home. It is where there journey started and it was very challenging. Although, years have passed no one looked for Donghyuck. Mark was the only one he have and if it weren't for Mark he would be dead by now.

Donghyuck felt like he was special throughout the years until...